Message from Mission Control
* I am going to have to change the date for the vertical council meeting (formerly November 3rd). That is the same date as a training that several of our ELAR teachers will be attending, so I'm going to have to move it. I will be sending out that new date today. Sorry for the change...it can't be helped!
* We are going to have a staff meeting on Monday afternoon. This is the first Monday of the month, so we have some details to talk about. Laura will also share some technology tips.
* Please make sure that your PDSA boards and goals are getting up and running. Also, please bring examples of your student goal setting binders/data binders to the staff meeting. We will do a share out about how we are all utilizing this in our classrooms. Remember, data binders are something that are required campus-wide, and MANY of you targeted student goal setting in your TTESS goals. So, this time to share out will benefit everyone. Be prepared to talk about how you and your grade level are using these to help with student ownership and discussion.
* Just another friendly reminder.... make sure your voicemails are set up and correct. If you are having trouble, please let us know. These must be accurate, so when we send parents to voicemails to leave messages, they DO NOT need to hear the wrong teacher or a machine on the recording!
* Our first attendance drawings will take place this Friday, as that is final day of the 6 weeks. A drawing for an Altitude jump pass AND a drawing for the parent gift card will be announced! The class with the highest attendance percentage will earn a popcorn party. If there is a tie, then both classes will receive the party. :)
* Our first day for clubs is THIS Friday. All students should be signed up for a club. I gave everyone access to all of the grade levels, so please make sure to know where your students will be during clubs. It's very difficult for the office when we call, and teachers are unsure where their student is. Each teacher needs to have a list of what club and where each student will be. This is for safety as well as for efficiency, if the office needs to reach a student.
* I believe the football players will be back this week for arrival. They left last Friday before they read to classrooms, and I'm not sure why. I will try to find out if they will be staying this week. Thank you to those teachers (K-2) who volunteered to have them read. I will email Coach Ab today and let him know that was missed them staying to read, and we would love if they stayed this week. I will keep you all posted.
* Don't forget about our focus of grammar/mechanics and phonics. Supplemental aides have been ordered to help in each particular grade level, but if you haven't been utilizing the supplement in the curriculum guide, this is a "must-do." We need to give our students the structure needed in order to be successful, since that's an area we have noticed them struggling. 2-4 grade writing teachers will be attending the Jeff Anderson training in October. He is known as the "Write Guy," and the language supplement in the curriculum guide was modeled after his work. We are looking forward to hearing about the training and what all they bring back!
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Integrity- being honest and doing the right thing; having good moral principles
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, September 26th:
Wednesday, September 27th:
Misty Germaine here for math walks- 9:45-11:15
Friday, September 29th:
Clubs Today (club schedule)
Monday, October 2nd:
Grades Due @ 8:00
Staff Meeting- 3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 3rd:
Progress Reports Home
Thursday, October 5th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Monday, October 9th:
Elementary district staff development (student holiday)
Tuesday, October 10th:
Professional Development on campus & CPR Certification class
Thursday, October 12th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, October 13th:
Fire Truck Visit (K-2) 9:00-11:00
Thursday, October 19th:
PTA Fall Festival 5:30-8:00 PM (volunteers needed)