By: Michelle Lindhart
Asthma and the Body
Asthma affects the passageways of the body causing inflammation in the air ways resulting in difficulty breathing and other symptoms.
Classic treatment to Asthma.
About 15 million people in the U.S. have asthma.
- Coughing, especially at night
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness, pain or pressure
- Pale, sweaty face
- Very rapid breathing
- Feelings of anxiety or panic
- Difficulty talking
- Learn more about your asthma and ways to control it
- Use your medications as prescribed
- Find and avoid things that may trigger your asthma
- Get regular check-ups for your asthma
2) 1 in 12 people have asthma (2009).
3) There are about 217,000 emergency room visits that are associated with asthma.
4) There are 3,384 people per year in the U.S. that die from asthma.
5) There are 13 million school days missed due to asthma.