Promoting a healthy relationship with your partner
How do I know if I have healthy relationship?
- My partner respects my privacy
- My partner does not always ask me where I'm going when I leave the house
- My partner sometimes criticize me but he/she does it nicely
- I have trust in my partner that he/she will not do things that could hurt me
- My partner often ask about my feelings
Ways to have a healthy relationship
Trusting your partner is probably one of the most important ways to have a healthy relationship. If you can't have trust in your partner, your relationship could end very quickly.
A bit of jealousy
Being jealous sometimes indicates that you are afraid to lose your partner and that could help maintain a healthy relationship. But, being too jealous might do the opposite thing, which is ending a relationship.
Even when you are having an argument, you should respect your partner's argument instead of thinking you are always right. When your partner says no, they actually mean no. So, you should respect their decisions.