The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ January 25, 2021
Hello Saint Kateri School families ~
We are in one of our busiest times of the year ~ and one of the most SPIRIT filled times of the year. This week's School Choice Week will brig us directly into Catholic Schools Week. We are very blessed to be a part of this Catholic School community. We take care of each other as well as reach out to the wider community. Every day our students are taught to be Christ for Others and every day our teachers foster the development of our future leaders. This year has been a difficult one but our SKS spirit has never been stronger ~ our teachers and families have stepped up beyond measure to do what is necessary to continue to be able to learn together. Get ready to celebrate our SPIRIT these next couple of weeks, and beyond ~ you all deserve it.
We have many fun and faith filled activities planned ~ see flyer below for each day's events. This year we will be joining ALL of the DOR Catholic Schools and serving our local community members that are dealing with food insecurity. Every day during Catholic Schools Week we will be collecting two different kinds of non-perishable food items. Saint Kateri School will be supporting Irondequoit Community Cupboard and each item we will be collecting are items on their Top Ten List of items they see the highest need. Each day, students will use their food items to vote for the winner of the Super Bowl. That is A LOT of votes!
We are excited to share that we have a SAVE THE DATE for our 11th Annual Walk-A-Thon~
Saturday, May 22, 2021~ with a tentative time of 10:30-1:00pm
(Time will depend on finalized events.)
Parents Association is working on making this Walk-A-Thon the best it can be! There has been a lot of creative thinking to be able to envision a great event that also keeps our community safe. We will be walking in Family Groups ~ inviting Food Trucks ~ offering Classroom Raffle Baskets. Thank you to everyone who has contacted me to help and volunteer their time and talents. There is still time and many hands make light work ~ contact me if you are interested!
God bless you all!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Catholic Schools Week Schedule of Events
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- January 25-29 ~ School Choice Week!
- 1/26: Quiet Mass at 9:00 5th/2nd
- 1/27: Virtual Preschool Information Night 5:30-7:00pm
- 1/28: Virtual Kindergarten Information Night 5:30-7:00pm
- 1/31-2/6: Catholic Schools Week!
- 2/1: Catholic Schools Week Prayer Service @ 8:45am
- 2/2: Bill Gray's Night ~ Sea Breeze location 4:00-8:00pm
- 2/3: Parent's Association ~ 6:00-7:30pm
- 2/9: Quiet Mass at 9:00 3rd/K
- 2/10: Virtual Preschool Information Night 5:30-7:00pm
- 2/11: Virtual Kindergarten Information Night 5:30-7:00pm
- 2/12: Report Cards go home
- 2/15 - 2/19: Winter Break
- 2/22: School reopens
- 2/23: Quiet Mass at 9:00 5th /2nd
- Current families will receive re-registration packets home this week. All students will receive a registration packet for next year. If you will not be needing your registration packet please pass it on to a family member or friend that you think may be interested! The Main Office will also except them back ~ #saveatree
- Registration Packets will be available to New Families during Catholic Schools Week
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review
Virtual Information Nights for Preschool and Kindergarten:
- Wednesday, January 27th ~ 5:30-7:00pm
- Wednesday, February 10th ~ 5:30-7:00pm
We have scheduled two Virtual Kindergarten Information Nights:
- Thursday, January 28th ~ 5:30-7:00pm
- Thursday, February 11th ~ 5:30-7:00pm
Each Information Night will include a presentation led by our teachers and principal, as well as a Question and Answer period.
Please complete the appropriate Google Form below to attend any of the Information Nights. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to our virtual Information Night on Zoom. Registration will be limited to 25 participants.
Niagara Chocolate ~ orders due by Wednesday, February 10th
- The student with the most sales will get a Big Chocolate Bunny!
- The SKS class with the most sales will get a Pizza Party!
Bill Gray's Fundraiser Tuesday, February 2nd 4:00-8:00pm
Barnes and Noble Book Fair ~ Saturday, February 6
- You can shop in any Barnes and Noble store during regular store hours on February 6th. This year the Webster Towne Center location is hosting our Book Fair.
- Our 3rd -5th grade students are creating special cafe drinks. Come to the Webster Barnes and Noble to taste our student created drink.
- Don't forget to mention Saint Kateri School or use our online code to be sure it is counted in our SKS fundraising ~
- Online code: 12606497
- Share ~ Share ~ Share the Book Fair details and online code
- The online code can be used from 2/6 to 2/11.
Amazon Smile Program
Attention Amazon shoppers! We are continuing to use the AmazonSmile program for our school and church community. It’s very easy and of no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, our school community will receive a portion of the proceeds from each eligible purchase as a donation from Amazon.
Simply search for “Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Roman Catholic Parish in Irondequoit, NY” and select it as your charity. Then shop as usual! Amazon will remember your charity when it is time to check out and our community will receive a portion of your eligible purchases! Thank you for participating and happy shopping! Feel free to pass this information on to family members and friends looking to help out our school!