"Notes" from Band
Week of: 2-11-19
New and Updated Information
Overture Center Field Trip Money Options
We were very sad to miss the UW Varsity Band Concert at the Overture Center last week. With that being said, we have a few options for the money that you paid for this trip.
- Transfer to Lunch Account - The $10 would be applied to your student’s lunch account balance.
- Transfer to Course Fees - The $10 would be applied to your student’s fees account and could be used this year and/or next year.
- Donate to PVMS - The $10 can be donated to PV to our PBIS fund.
- Refund - The $10 would be refunded to you.
Please let us know which option you would prefer by completing the form linked below. (if you have already done this, you do not need to do it again)
In order to ensure that there is sufficient time to process refunds, we ask that you please notify us of your intention no later than Friday, February 22. After this date, we will assume that you wish to donate your $10 to Prairie View.
Parent Band: February 12
Parent Band will have the opportunity to perform and show off at the Late Winter Concert on February 18.
Middle Level Jazz Festival: February 15 (7th Grade Only)
We have our Middle School Jazz Festival for 7th Graders on Friday, Feb. 15th. Here's what you need to know!
- Permission forms and $4 for dinner are due ASAP. (form linked below)
- We will leave school around 1 pm on, Friday, Feb. 15th. Students should bring everything they need for the weekend, as well as their instrument and music.
- Students will be eating pizza for dinner. They should bring a snack for after our clinic.
- We will all be performing at the end of the festival in the CHUMS auditorium.
- They will be wearing their band uniform for the performance. They should bring that to school with them on that day.
Current Information from Prior Newsletters
Late Winter Concert: February 18
Our late winter concert will take place at Sun Prairie High School Monday, February 18 at 7:00 PM. Here are some reminders about the performance:
- Students should plan on arriving no later than 6:30 PM in their band uniform.
- Students should enter through Door #3. This is the first door you come across when approaching from Hwy N.
- The concert will take place in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) and is a free event. The concert will also be streamed live on the PAC's website.
We are very excited for what promises to be a great evening of music and we hope you can join us!
UW-Whitewater Field Trip: February 26 (7th Grade Only)
Permission slip and $7 for food are due by the end of the week.
Percussion Lesson Opportunity
Find Us Online!
Tuesday: 7th Grade Jazz Band (6:55-7:35 AM), 6th Grade Jazz Band (2:50-4:00 PM), Parent Band
Wednesday: SPBB Lesson Academy (3:00-5:30 PM)
Thursday: 7th Grade Jazz Band (6:55-7:35 AM), Epoch Sound Night
Friday: 6th Grade Jazz Band (2:50-4:00 PM)
February 12: Parent Band Rehearsal
February 14: Epoch Sound Night (Make-up Date)
February 15: SP Middle Level Jazz Festival
February 18: PVMS Late Winter Concert at SPHS
March 15: Swing Into Spring Jazz Concert at PVMS
If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of us:
6th Grade Band, Jazz Band, and 6th and 7th Grade Lessons
520-0122 (Text Message)
7th Grade Band, Jazz Band, and 6th and 7th Grade Lessons
Prairie View Middle School Bands
“Move beyond the notes to cultivate a life long passion and drive for creativity, curiosity, and community through a vision of students as accomplished learners and evolving musicians in pursuit of artistry”