Friday, April 8
A Message from Mrs. Kunkel
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to come and make music with your child. Our 3rd graders were so excited to share what they have learned with you. It was such a joy to see so many families singing and playing music with one another, I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I did. Thank you again for making such a wonderful memory with your child through music.
IMPORTANT TESTING INFORMATION
The next round of ISTEP will be after Spring Break. Students will take the next test on the computer. Please click here to find resources including information on what to expect, practice tests, and activities for ISTEP+ and IREAD3. There are several wonderful tools and I encourage you to go through some of them with your child. Please let me know if you have any questions!
FOR THE WEEK OF 4/11 - 4/15
- Anchor Text- A Tree is Growing
- Target Skill- Text & Graphic Features, Domain Specific Vocabulary
- Phonics- Words with /k/ and /kw/
- Grammar- Using the verb be and helping verbs
- Vocabulary- pollen, store, clumps, passages, absorb, throughout, coverings, spines, tropical, dissolve
- We will work on our Young Author books where students are writing an autobiography. Students are allowed to use photos from home in their books as illustrations. Please note that these will be glued into our Young Author books so please make a copy of the picture if you would like it back.
- Monday: P.E.
- Tuesday: Technology
- Wednesday: Art
- Thursday: Music
- Friday: P.E.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lifeskill for April- Dependability
March 28-April 8: Spring Break
April 13: Early Release Day
April 18-25: ISTEP Part 2
April 25: Young Author Books Due
April 25-29: Scholastic Book Fair
April 27: Early Release Day
April 27: HC Pancake Dinner & Young Author Night
April 29: Grandparents Day
May 13: Hinkle Hay Day 6:00-9:00
May 30: Memorial Day, No School