the people & literature of akkadia
The five social tiers of Akkadia
- unskilled workers (slaves), is the bottom tier.
- farmers and herders, the next up and most populous tier.
- traders, artisans, and shopkeepers is the middle tier.
- priests, army commanders, and nobles is the second highest tier.
- the king and his family make up the fifth and final tier.
There are approximately 550 compositions originating from Akkadian, each handwritten on stone tablets. Akkadian Literature is thought to be very influential, and some of the ways we write today were inspired or influenced by Akkadian literature, even centuries later.