Principal's Nest - Parent Edition
September 3rd, 2020
Dear Wise Owl Families,
Normal is such a simple word and it is our goal at WVE to not only find our new normal, but to use this time as a learning experience that will forever impact the learning environment of our students.Though we have started the year virtually, we will remain committed to supporting each student in building his/her academic and social/emotional strengths and have a plan in place to ensure rigorous online instruction and individualized support. Every week there are new types of learning experiences teachers are piloting and much of what is learned will continue to be used in the future. Our fall may not be “normal,” but our learning will not only continue, but it will thrive. We can’t wait to move on to the next phase of learning under Covid-19 and we know, all returning and new students to West View will be welcomed with open arms (from 6 feet away) to our community - we will continue to grow!
A few Reminders
2. We ask that you please not post any of our teacher's videos on social media or other platforms. Our teachers are doing their absolute best, as the world is watching. When there are questions or concerns with their instruction, please go to that teacher and try to seek clarification.
3. If you are experiencing trouble with your technology and you need assistance, please go to this link and some one will get back with you.
4. School-wide Beginning Of Year (BOY) MAP testing dates are as follows
Reading-Tuesday, September 15th (K-5)
Fluency-Wednesday, September 16th (K-4)
(4th will only take the fluency during the BOY window)
Math-Thursday, September 17th (K-5)The Summer Feeding Program has been extended until December 31, 2020. This is great news.
6. I will be hosting this year's first "Virtual Coffee and Chat" in hopes to keep you informed, make connections with parents, and give general information about our awesome school.
Please use this link if you are interested in signing up. All sessions will be on Google Meet and the flyer is below
7. Investigations Math Books- We have gotten these from the county. The math workbook can be found online but we also want to offer a tangible workbook option.
Also, School Planners/ Agendas have been ordered for all 3-5 students
Pick Up Options 9/9 and 9/10 from 11am-3pm. Please come through the front of the school as you did with the first book pick up.