Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - October 29, 2020
Dear Blue Hills Families,
Yesterday, I sent out an important letter to all families regarding camera use during Google Meet classes. If you have not already, please review this letter. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance, and thank you for continuing to work with us as we seek to improve teaching and learning during this pandemic.
Many of you met with teachers via Google Meet this week and last week. Perhaps you experienced some technical issues in doing so. This is just a part of the daily challenge that comes with remote teaching! Our faculty and staff are doing a tremendous job of adapting to the new reality that 2020 has brought, and so are our students. Thank you for partnering with us this year.
A few important logistical notes:
- Dismissals - If you are dismissing your child on an in-person day, please send a note with them that day or email email@example.com. We are trying to limit the number of people in the building. Thanks!
- Dismissals # 2 - If your child is going to miss a remote class session due to an appointment, please email the teacher and Ms. Pica to either "dismiss" your child or mark your child as "tardy." We still require documentation (doctor's note, etc.) to accurately track attendance. If the main office is not notified, a student may be marked "AWOL" for the class.
Upcoming Schedule - IN-PERSON Days
Class of 2025 - Now Accepting Applications!
Upcoming Admissions Events
- Personal Tours - Saturday, November 14, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Virtual Open House (Video Releases!) - November 16 - 20
- Please enter the East Entrance (closest to Randolph) and pull in front of the gym/cafeteria for drop off.
- Students dropped off before 7:40 should enter the cafeteria.
- Students dropped off after 7:40 should enter the main entrance.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year (just announced!)
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
What remote schedule am I following???
Vocational "Remote" Days - these all look the same! If you are on a vocational week and are remote, simply follow your shop's instructions for the synchronous meeting times (8:30 and 1:30, usually) and work independently or as needed during the day. Failure to attend both synchronous sessions will lead to the student being marked as "absent" and potentially receiving no credit for the day.
Academic "Remote" Days -
- "Blue Days" - Mostly on Mondays and Thursdays. Refer to the released schedule to make sure you have the right day. On these days, you'll meet "live" with periods 1-4. The rest of your day is extra help and independent work.
- "Green Days" - Mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays - Refer to the released schedule to make sure you have the right day. On these days, you'll meet "live" with periods 5-8. The rest of your day is extra help and independent work.
- "Wednesdays" - On Wednesdays, follow the Wednesday schedule! You'll meet with all of your academic classes throughout the day. HINT: We may occassionally use this schedule on other days, or schedule Wednesday to be in-person.
For both vocational and academic "remote" days: Please remember that school runs from 7:48 to 2:20. At any time in this period of time, you can be asked to meet with a teacher, attend a session, or do extra help/support activities. If class begins at 8:30 or 9:00, you may very well have things to do and prepare for prior to the start time. Be diligent in checking your email and google classroom. Getting an education is your "job" right now, and is the best investment you can make at this stage of life!
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.