WMS Friday Forecast
November 1, 2019 - Week 12
About Our Assembly
- Install monitoring software to see what your child's digital life looks like.
- Set limits on screen time
- Remove screens after a specific time so that their brains and bodies can get ready for sleep
- Don't allow screens in bedrooms during sleep times
- Talk to your child about your expectations for their online presence
One great resource for you is Common Sense Media. If you don't know this website it is a gem for giving parents a ton of information about media- from movies to games to apps. One specific component of the site gives parents a "Need to Know" section for teen media use. It is worth a look as we look to keep our children safe!
Enjoy your weekend-
Congratulations Honor Roll Recipients!
Congratulations to all of our RedHawks who worked hard throughout our FIRST quarter of this school year. A special shout out goes to those who were able to achieve Honor Roll status by earning either all A's or all A's and B's. All A's are on one tab, AB's are on another! See the bottom of the page to switch tabs. These students will be recognized on their teams, receive a ribbon, plus a treat from our fantastic PTO!
Please note: We may some children who earn Honor Roll status but their name is not included on this list. This is because their parents have requested their children's names NOT be published, which includes being published as part of the Honor Roll here or in the newspapers. Changes to this request can be made either in the Home Access Center or with Student Services.
Click the image below to view this quarter's Honor Roll!
As Seen On Halloween!
Staying Informed about WMS Activities
There are two ways to stay informed about all of the happenings here at WMS:
- Our Friday Forecast has bigger topics. All parents get this weekly on Friday.
- Our Daily Announcements have more day to day operational announcements: auditions, club dates, tryouts, etc. You must sign-up to get Daily Announcements on the bottom of the WMS Website. You will get announcements on Mondays, but you will need to check this Google doc each day to see what has changed. It is a "living" document and helps reduce the number of emails you receive.
highlight in our RedHawk Spotlight?
Please email their story and a couple of photos
to Tim Loversky for consideration.
Our first student in the RedHawk Spotlight is featured below!
Lock Replacement Policy:
FIRST login to your HAC (HOME ACCESS CENTER) Account
- Click on the LINK BELOW to access the complete directions in a step by step format.
AVID Career Presentations
SEL - Social Emotional Learning
At WMS, we use the RULER Anchor Tools. The Anchors Tools of Emotional Intelligence are evidence-based tools designed to enhance the emotional intelligence of school leaders, teachers and staff, students, and their families. RULER includes four primary tools: the Charter, Mood Meter, Meta-Moment, and Blueprint. Each is based on scientific research and helps children and adults develop their emotional intelligence skills. These skills help us Recognize, Understand, Label, Express, and Regulate emotions.
Our Charter (see graphic below) allows all members of the Wredling community a voice in co-creating an environment that supports learning, building relationships, and meeting developmental markers that promote SEL. The Charter is a live document that can help guide interactions, emphasize personal values, and give participants a framework to support a positive culture. When participants are living the Charter, reflection should be emphasized on what actually is happening to foster such a positive environment. When the Charter is not being followed, it allows some direction on what can help an individual rejoin the group and meet common goals. The Charter is a highly relevant reflection tool when working in groups.
Would you like to get your family on the same page and create a more respectful home? Consider creating a Family Charter that does just that. A written agreement everyone in the family creates together and signs, the Family Charter helps build a positive emotional climate in your home.