What is the "EM" spectrum?
A range of possible frequencies of electromagnetic radiation
There are different types of energy that make up the Electromagnetic spectrum
- Radio waves-a type of electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths in the electromagnetic spectrum longer than infrared light.(1 mil-100 kilo)
- Microwaves-an electromagnetic wave with a wavelength in the range (0.001–0.3 m)
- infrared-a wavelength from about (800 nm to 1 mm), and is emitted particularly by heated objects.
- Ultraviolet-having a wavelength shorter than that of the violet end of the visible spectrum but longer than that of X-rays.
- X-rays-an electromagnetic wave of high energy and very short wavelength, which is able to pass through many materials opaque to light.
- Gamma Rays- penetrating electromagnetic radiation of a kind arising from the radioactive decay of atomic nuclei.
Video of Electromagnetic Spectrum (BREAKDOWN)
What is the Electromagnetic Spectrum?