Curriculum Data Mapping
- Definition: A real-time, calendar-based (monthly), ongoing process for collecting, reviewing, modifying, and maintaining of the operational (actual) and planned learning in a learning organization.
- Mapping is about establishing and maintaining an ongoing, collaborative curriculum environment.
- Why necessary? Curriculum Mapping addresses the need to consider not only what teachers are teaching, but more importantly, what students are truly experiencing and learning. Over time, this process, known as diary mapping, reveals the operational curriculum. If the maps we create are going to help us improve teaching and learning, we need to have an accurate picture of what we are all doing.The curriculum maps have the potential to become the hub for making decisions about teaching and learning.
- It is important to create quality maps so that it can used to gain a proper insight into gaps, absences and repetitions.
- Curriculum Mapping has a learning curve and for a time the teachers will be students as they learn something new.
Penn's Basketball Team
Interested in teaching a wellness class?
The district received a $50,000 grant from the Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust. Part of the grant allows TPS to provide employee wellness classes. Applications are currently being taken for instructors interested in teaching employee wellness classes. Classes must be one hour in length and subjects can be nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, or any other health and wellness subject. Classes will be provided to district employees at no cost. Instructors will receive a $50 stipend for each one- hour class that they instruct. Interested individuals should complete the google form at https://goo.gl/uAbCB4 by Friday, Dec. 11th.
Additional information is also available at Inside TPS http://insidetps.tulsaschools.org/federal-programs/Pages/default.aspx under TSET Employee Wellness Activities.
Kravis Summer Arts Camp
December Dates to Remember
December 8 - Grand Canyon University (Lunch and information in teacher's lounge).
December 15 - Santa's Workshop 5:00-6:30p.m. Gym
"Secret Santa" & Staff Christmas party dates to come.
December 14 - 18- Holiday Dress-up Week (Details to come)
December 15 - Jan. 15 Think Through Math Benchmark Testing
December 18 - Last Day of the Quarter
December 21 - Jan. 1 - Winter Break
January 4 - 1st day back after Winter Break
January 4 - 1st day of 3rd quarter