News from Bridger Middle School - January 2019
Holiday Helpers Effort
A huge thanks for Independence Police Department's support in joining us for our Hoops for the Holidays basketball game! Bridger celebrated raising over $2000 for the Holiday Helper program to support those in need within our community. Congrats to IPD's effort in raising over $3000 for their Shop with a Cop program. It was a great basketball game and the Buffaloes remain undefeated!
Way To Go Buffaloes!
Do You Know What Your Child Is Learning?
Has your student lost his/her agenda? If so, a replacement can be purchased for $5.00 in Bridger's Main Office.
School Attendance Is A Key To Student Success!
Help support us in this effort by ensuring your student attends school every day!
Grade Cards And Student Missouri Assessment Program Information
Help Us Keep Our Buffaloes Safe During Car Riding
In an effort to support our families, please review the important Car Rider information below.
• If your student is a car rider, please have your student remain in your vehicle until the doors have opened at 7am. Students should not be dropped off prior to 7am.
• Car Riders should use our car rider line for drop-off. Please review the above map and follow the green arrows. Please use the area marked in Blue as your drop-off and pick-up locations.
• For the safety of our students, we ask that parents do not park and drop off students from parking spots. We want to avoid potential safety concerns of students passing across moving cars.
• Please do not enter areas marked with the, “Do Not Enter,” symbol. These areas are reserved for our ISD buses,
• Car riders must be picked up by 2:30pm on a daily basis.
• Make sure your student arrives to school with his/her schedule. All students should arrive to Bridger by 7:15am.
Ipod Day to be Held on January 25th
Friday, January 25th will serve as our next iPod day of the school year. During iPod days, students may pay $3 to listen to music (on their own personal device with headphones) during teacher-designated times throughout the day.
Students are not to use their device for any other purpose than listening to music. Devices will be confiscated and returned to students at the conclusion of the day if a student is not complying with this request.
Needed Supply Notes
Special Permission for Transportation
PTSA at Bridger is here to support the staff, share information with parents, and have fun activities for our students.
Support The Bridger PTSA Through Your Membership
Support your Bridger PTSA! Memberships are $7 per individual and $15 for a business membership. Membership forms can be located at:
Families May Be Eligible For Free Or Reduced Meals
Inclement Weather Cancellations
Not Receiving Emails from Bridger or the Independence School District?
- Our email system will only email the address of the first contact of your student. Please ensure that you are checking the email address of your student's first contact for important emails.
- If you "Unsubscribe" from emails from the building or the district, this will prevent you from receiving all emails sent by the building or the ISD.
- Have you checked your spam filter? Since emails are sent through a grouplist, some email filters will block these emails and they may be sent directly to your "Junk" folder.
If you are not receiving emails please contact the school office. We will be able to assist in manually adding you back to our email system. This process will allow you to receive future email communications!
Get Your Bridger Spirit Wear!
We have spirit wear available for students! Each t-shirt is super soft, already printed, and is available for purchase. T-shirts are $15 each and can be purchased through the main office. Cash only purchases please. Pick one up before they are gone! Images included below!
General School Information
- School hours for Bridger Middle School are 7:20 AM – 2:23 PM.
- Students may not be dropped off before 7 AM (doors do not open until 7 AM).
- Office hours are from 7:00 AM – 3:15 PM
- Latitude (after school program) runs from 2:23 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Car riders MUST be picked up in the front of the building by 2:30 PM.
Important Upcoming Dates to Note
Jan 18: No School-ISD Professional Development Day
Jan. 21: No School-MLK Jr. Observance
Jan. 25: IPod Day
Feb. 15: No School-ISD Professional Development Day
Feb. 18: No School-President's Day Observance
Mar. 7: Bridger Play @ Nowlin
Mar. 8: Bridger Play @ Nowlin
Mar. 11: Choir Concert