Creek Band - 9/7/20 to 9/13/20
Weekly Newsletter of the Clear Creek High School Band
Weekly Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Tuesday, September 8th - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Thursday, September 10th - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
All brass and woodwind students must bring their flip folders, lyres and music to rehearsal this week. We will begin learning Beethoven Time Machine this week!
All Marching Band rehearsals take place at CCHS. The protocols for these rehearsals will be the same as those in Summer Band. All students who participated in Summer Band are expected to attend after school Marching Band Rehearsals.
There will be a required COVID screening prior to each rehearsal. It will be available one hour prior to rehearsal on the band website and the BAND app.
Announcements, Events, and Information
2020 Football Schedule & Transportation
In order to maintain appropriate social distancing, we will be limiting the use of school buses for the Fall of 2020.
We are only attending games that are close enough to CCHS for our parents and driving students to transport themselves. If a student does not have a ride, they may ride the bus, however we are asking that all students/guardians who can provide their own transportation do so.
Here are the specifics:
- Students who are of legal driving age can and should drive themselves to Challenger Columbia (and Dickinson HS should that game be attended.) Note: Students may not drive other students (except for siblings) under any circumstances.
- Parents/guardians are asked to transport their students to each game. Parents will need to drop off and pick up their students at the designated times. Students will need to arrive at designated times and cannot leave the game early.
In order to plan for needed bus transportation, all parents/guardians should complete this form ASAP. Please complete the form to the best of your ability at this point. You will have the opportunity to change your answers as we get closer to each date.
2020 Football Schedule as of 9.7.2020
- Thursday, October 8th - vs. Brazoswood (Senior Night)
- Friday, October 16th - vs. Dickinson
- Friday, October 23rd - vs. Clear Brook (Homecoming)
- Thursday, October 29th - vs. Clear Springs
- Friday, November 6th - vs. Clear Lake
- Thursday, November 12th - vs. Clear Falls
Do you have a business that wants to sponsor the hard working students of the Creek Band program?
Please consider being a sponsor of the Clear Creek Band!
Do you frequent a business that would be a great sponsor?
Sponsors will be recognized on the Creek Band trailers as well as at all marching band performances, concert programs, weekly newsletters, and social media releases.
Full Band/Parent Meeting
Thursday, Sep. 10th, 7-8pm
This is an online event.
All parents and students are asked to join this brief meeting!
A link will be sent out the day of the meeting on the BAND app.
For every parent that comes to the meeting, the program will receive a $5 credit towards our first group fundraiser!
This is one of a very few fundraisers we will do throughout the year to keep per family costs low.
Support the Creek Band Daily with Loyalty Shopping
By shopping as you already do...you can financially support the Creek Band.
- Always use this link for your Amazon shopping: smile.amazon.com/ch/76-0514375
- Amazon donates .5% of the price of eligible Amazon Smile purchases to the Creek Band.
- It's the same Amazon you are already familiar with; same prices, same Prime benefits, and same products.
You must enroll each year for your purchases to support the Creek Band. Please complete your annual enrollment for 8/1/2020 through 7/31/2021.
- Login to your Kroger Account
- Go to Account Summary
- Under Community Rewards, click "Enroll"
- Enter CCHS Band Boosters Reward Number: NU738
The Randall's Good Neighbor Program allows you to link your Remarkable Card to a maximum of 3 charities.
- To add the Creek Band, take a Good Neighbor Program form (available from customer service) and enter Charity # 3396.
- Return the form to customer service to complete the process.
Like and Follow us on Facebook
- Monday, September 14th - All Brick & Mortar Students On Campus, Clear Connections Online
- Sunday, October 4th - 3rd Annual Mattress Sale - League City Civic Center - 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Thursday, October 8th - Football vs. Brazoswood (Senior Night) - Challenger Columbia - 7:00pm
- Friday, October 23rd - Football vs. Clear Brook (Homecoming) - Challenger Columbia - 7:00pm