Archie R. Cole Middle School
Upcoming Week Notes - March 16-20, 2015
This Week at Cole
2:10 - Advisory Team Meeting
Happy St. Patrick's Day
2:30 - National French Exam
7:00pm - School Committee Meeting (Cole)
8:10 - SST
2:15 - Leadership Team
7:00pm - Cole PTG Meeting
9:00 - RtI
All State Students at Moses Brown
URI Chair of Computer Science Department Speaking with BT's 8th graders
Cyclone Advisory Musical Chairs
Lot's of interest in the AT&T texting and driving simulator
- Shout out to both Cyclone and Riptide for having Team Instagram Accounts.
- Caroline will be welcoming a baby this week and will be on leave after Tuesday. All the best Caroline with the birth of your baby! Renee LaMontagne will be the counselor in Caroline's absence. Renee has many years of experience as a middle school counselor as well as her own counseling practice. Welcome to the Cole crew, Renee.
- The PARCC planning continues... We are hoping to have a draft coverage schedule tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks to Dan, MaryEllen, Rosie, Caroline and the special educators for their work on the PNP file. At this point, we understand that we have 40 settings needed for administration of the test, based on student accommodations. It is looking like folks with have to swap to use CPT as preps in order for us to cover each setting. We'll know more once we finalize coverage.
- Please consider donating a small amount to Adam's Special Olympics Plunge, if you have not done so. CMS is in the top spot for fundraising at this point,($2,000) as a result of the generosity of the Cole Community... http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/AdamScott/project-unify-plunge. The Plunge is Saturday at Salty Brine Beach with an after party at George's
- We are having a visit from RIDE for the PARCC. I have heard from some of the parents that the kids are feeling nervous about the PARCC. I'm hoping you will reassure them that there is nothing to be stressed about - they have taken the NECAP for years.. All they have to do is try their best... There is no need for any of us to feel overly stressed about this. We will do this like we do everything else - give it our best and that's all we can do.