Advanced Practice Midwifery Course
Knoxville, TN area business & clinical skills workshop
JOIN US FOR A TWO and a half DAY INTENSIVE HANDS-ON CLINICAL SKILLS and business management WORKSHOP
Knoxville, TN area workshop
Monday, March 23rd, 8am to Wednesday, March 25th, 2pm
1432 Lovell Rd
Register by mailing check with clearly marked desired location to address below or by ;
Calling: 541-772-2291 with your credit card.
Cost : $250
Registration ends Feb 18th.
Hosted by Roots and Wings Midwifery
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Knoxville Workshop Agenda
Monday Mar. 23rd
- Venipuncture practice with phlebotomy skills & IV placement and administration
- Post dates diagnosis, non-pharmaceutical cervical ripening & labor induction including herbs, oils, homeopathics, natural prostaglandins & oxytocin release, and bulb foley placement
- Internal fetal head positioning and re-positioning & cervical lip diagnosis & treatment
- Advanced fetal monitoring, out-of-hospital NST & fluid assessment
Tuesday Mar. 24th
- Develop knowledge of legal responsibility of business ownership, including: city, county, state, and federal laws, the required inspections, and needed business and professional licenses
- Discover pros and cons of an in-house vs out-source billing
- Create successful marketing strategies, advertising options, and discuss public relations in your area
- Understand the roles of allied business professionals
Wednesday Mar 25th
- Preventing tears, performing episiotomy, and repairing lacerations including labial, clitoral hood & 3rd degree extensions
Augustine is an accomplished management executive and a trusted, skilled out-of-hospital midwife with a strong entrepreneurial heart, who takes much joy in mainstreaming midwifery and the midwifery model of care by bringing the modern community-centered birth center choice to low risk women in her community in one of her Oregon state-licensed free-standing birth centers. She respects a woman’s need for the empowering feeling of being undisturbed during labor, but balances this attention to the sacred rite of passage with 15 years experience attending births in hospitals, birth centers, and homes in rural, urban and suburban environments in the US and abroad. Augustine’s focus is finely attuned to the process of letting go and opening to the unknown in labor and in life.
In addition to managing an integrate holistic health center and running two birth centers, Augustine also consults around the country for start-up birth centers and new midwives opening or expanding their practices. It is her profound joy to illuminate the sacred journey of pregnancy and birth for other women as well as participate in the education of the next generation of midwives. She is also writing a book for parents and editing a film project due out summer 2015.