- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Oral Language
- Content Areas
What is hot seat?
Students are able to learn more about the characters, the events in the story and draw inferences. They then are able to share their knowledge with the rest of the class while in the hot seat.
Why use this strategy?
- deepen student's understanding of their reading
- opportunity for students to teach students
- helpful for auditory learners
- helps students' to learn how to think on their feet
- a chance for students to practice and hone their oral language abilities
- opportunity for students' to build one on top of one another through discussion
SL.5.4 – Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes; speak clearly at an understandable pace
SL.6.4 – Present claims and findings, sequencing ideas logically and using pertinent descriptions, facts, and details to accentuate main ideas or themes; use appropriate eye contact, adequate volume, and clear pronunciation.