Deer Creek School District
November 20, 2020
THANKSGIVING BREAK 11/23-11/27!
RETURNING TO SCHOOL AFTER THANKSGIVING BREAK ... PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW:
CREEK HEALTH HUB WILL BE CLOSED OVER THANKSGIVING BREAK.
CHH WILL OPEN BACK UP MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2020!
1. CREEK HEALTH HUB is open to Deer Creek students, staff and parents for COVID-19 Testing, Flu Testing and Strep Testing! See above flyers for more information.
2. STOPit App has launched for grades 6-12. Your school site has distributed STOPit information and the access code for your school.
3. Deer Creek COVID-19 Student and Staff Positive Cases and Known Exposures will be updated and reported weekly in this newsletter.
4. ALL students, PK-12th grade, EAT FREE through June 30, 2021!! Please take advantage of this great service through our Child Nutrition Department! Details on ordering and picking up meals for AABBR, Virtual, and Blended students listed below.
5. Although all students may eat free, it is still vital to our district that everyone complete the Free & Reduced Lunch Application to determine eligibility. This application directly affects school district funding.
6. PUBLIC NOTICE: The Board of Education of Deer Creek Public School District hereby announces that statutorily qualified individuals interested in running as a candidate for the #1 seat on the Deer Creek Board of Education may file to run as a candidate for this seat at the Oklahoma County Election Board between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday, December 7 through Wednesday, December 9, 2020. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!
New 2020-2021 School Start & End Times
- 4th-6th Grade 7:30-2:20
- 7th-12th Grade 8:15-3:10
- Pre-K 8:35-3:25
- K-3rd Grade 8:55-3:45
DEER CREEK COMMUNICATION PLATFORM
Deer Creek School District is embarking on a new communication platform to include a Deer Creek App that is designed to enable parents, staff and students to stay informed and up-to-date on events, important issues, general information, emergency notifications and site based activities. The Deer Creek App will work conjointly with the SchoolMessenger App (registration only required one time) as a notification system. Once a parent has registered with the SchoolMessenger App, they will only need to use the Deer Creek App for all things Deer Creek!
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO BELOW (CREATED WITH THE HELP OF ANTLER VISION)!
A Message to the Deer Creek Community
Deer Creek Schools adamantly oppose and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind or any acts of violence or harm to another person. Discrimination is destructive to our community which is built on belonging and acceptance. It cuts to the core of who we are and what we believe. Deer Creek Schools reject racism, bigotry, and hate, which have no place in our district. Deer Creek Schools are committed to their more than 7500 students and staff members and, to the District’s mission and creed of learning and personal growth for every student and staff member which includes feeling safe, being respectful, and responsible in all areas. We are committed to a culture of kindness, inclusivity, and respect.
Deer Creek understands the magnitude of our society and community’s concerns with respect to the most recent events in our nation. We remain committed to partnering with our Deer Creek community to listen, learn, and address matters of racism and/or injustice. Deer Creek School’s number one priority has been and is the safety of students and staff physically, emotionally, and socially. As always, if or when an incident is reported, it is investigated. If wrongdoings are found, they are addressed immediately. All federal, state, and local policy and laws are followed. Deer Creek reviews and revises policies and procedures regularly. As a district, we will continue to engage in critical self examination of our prejudices and biases challenging ourselves to make changes as necessary. We will hold focused conversations with our families and our students on ways to proactively recognize, challenge and eliminate prejudice.
We are a diverse community of many colors, 42 languages, and a variety of beliefs. It is our expectation that every student, staff member, and community member are equally respected as unique and valued individuals. Through our implementation of Multi-tiered Systems of Support and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports, Deer Creek is utilizing evidence based practices to address, monitor, and track our students’ social, emotional, and behavioral needs. Deer Creek offers all students counseling opportunities via school counselors and a more indepth counseling option for our students, families, and staff through our Health and Wellness program.
While we have made progress, it is important to all of us at Deer Creek that no child or family feel marginalized or forgotten. We are resolute in our commitment to work with all of our Deer Creek families to ensure that all children are educated in an environment of acceptance, positivity, and respect. We ask that all join together as a Deer Creek Community to uphold our district initiative of The Antler Way of being safe, respectful, and responsible in all areas of life. We stand in solidarity to help end racism, bigotry, and hate. Thank you for your support as we partner together to continue our primary goal of educating our students in an engaging, accepting, nurturing, safe, and respectful environment.
“Let’s remain hopeful for positive change and unity. Love one another, check in with one another, and have empathy for one another. When hate is loud, love must not be silent.” ~ Rachel’s Challenge