Deer Creek School District
September 24, 2021
NATIONAL HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!
Please take a moment to review a few friendly reminders about student attendance and behavior at our DCHS Football Games:
- Students PK-8th grade must have a parent in attendance at the game and will not be allowed to enter the game without an adult
- No loitering will be allowed around the stadium
- Student PK-6th grade need to sit with their parents in the stands
- 7th-8th grade students may sit with their parents or in the DCMS section
- 9-12th grade students may sit in the DCHS student section
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult to the restroom and concession stand
- All DCHS students must be picked up within 20 minutes of the end of the game
- Student misconduct may lead to forfeiting the right to attend future events
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Program for Families
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is a program that helps children who would have received free or reduced-price meals at school if not for the COVID-19 pandemic. Starting as soon as Friday, students who qualify will receive a debit card preloaded with funds that can be used for groceries.
For the 2020-21 school year, schoolchildren must meet two important eligibility requirements:
- Children must have been enrolled in a school district that participates in a federal meal program where meals are served at a school, and
- Children must qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on income and have turned in the free or reduced-priced meals application to school for 2020-21, OR be enrolled in a school that participated in the Community Eligible Provision, Provision 2 or Provision 3 federal program in 2020-21.
There is no application process for these benefits. Families will receive benefits automatically if their school has identified to the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) that a student qualifies.
Deer Creek Board of Education Resolution to Return Local Control to School Districts Across Oklahoma.
Upcoming Deer Creek School Board Meetings
- Special Board Meeting - September 27, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Deer Creek Administration Building
- Regular Board Meeting - October 11, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Deer Creek Administration Building
- Regular Board Meeting - November 8, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Deer Creek Administration Building
- Regular Board Meeting - December 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - Deer Creek Administration Building
One Stop Shop for All Of Your Communication And Information Needs! Download The Deer Creek App Today!
You are just TWO (2) Clicks away from finding anything you need to know about Deer Creek to include but not limited to:
- Board Meetings
- SchoolMessenger Notifications
- School Events
- Infinite Campus Portal
- Canvas Portal
- Child Nutrition
- Social Media
- And More
DEER CREEK COMMUNICATION PLATFORM
Deer Creek School District is embarking on a new communication platform to include a Deer Creek App that is designed to enable parents, staff and students to stay informed and up-to-date on events, important issues, general information, emergency notifications and site based activities. The Deer Creek App will work conjointly with the SchoolMessenger App (registration only required one time) as a notification system. Once a parent has registered with the SchoolMessenger App, they will only need to use the Deer Creek App for all things Deer Creek!
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO BELOW (CREATED WITH THE HELP OF ANTLER VISION)!