Monroe Memo 6/6/2021
Mrs. Reingruber's Weekly Update
Select TRANSLATE NEWSLETTER at the top of the screen and select your language.
As we enter the final week of the 2020-2021 school year, I would like to thank you for your patience and support. This was a year unlike any other and I am so thankful to have joined such an amazing learning community!
If you are returning to Monroe in the fall, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
If you are moving on to CHMS or elsewhere, we wish you nothing but the best!
If you know will not be returning to a D181 school in the fall, please contact Maria Bush in the Monroe School office PRIOR to the end of the school year so we can plan accordingly.
I will be sending one last Monroe Memo next week to kick off our summer season.
Your partner in education,
WEEKLY LUNCH TIMES
1st-3rd - 10:58-11:48
4th-5th - 11:27-12:17
Monday, June 7th
- Fifth Fest and fifth grade picnic lunch during school day
- D181 Board of Education meeting - 7pm @ HMS Cafetorium (join livestream)
Tuesday, June 8th
- Last day of kindergarten in-person learning
Wednesday, June 9th
- Last day of school for 2020-2021 school year
- Kindergarten ASYNCHRONOUS learning day
- NEW 2021-2022 Kindergarten "sneak peek" event
- Fifth grade culmination (during school day - students and staff only)
- Fifth grade clap out (5th parents and siblings invited - see below for more information)
- Early dismissal - 11:40 am
Please refer to the following for additional details
2021-2022 Learning Model Update
The District will present updates to the Board of Education and the community in June when this information becomes available. Families will be updated via the Board Summaries, which are released following Board meetings, and District 181 Weekly Update emails.
2021-2022 Student Placement Information
AM/PM kindergarten placements will be shared with families via email early in the summer.
Finalized homeroom class placements with teacher assignments for all K-5 students will not be available until August. I will update families via email closer to the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Incoming 6th graders will swap out their 5th grade iPad with a Chromebook prior to the start of next school year.
- Incoming 3rd graders will swap their old 2nd grade iPad for a new one on/around the first day of school.
- New Kindergartners will receive their iPad on/ around the first day of school.
Any family who will not be returning to a D181 school in the fall will need to return their device prior to the end of the school year.
- If you are an in-person learner, please leave your iPad, case, and charger with your teacher on the last day of school.
- If you are a remote learner, you can either return your device to your teacher at your materials return OR you can return your iPad, case, and charger to the Monroe School office by Wednesday, June 9th.
Registration for the 2021-22 school year is now open! All current students (those entering kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2021-22 school year) need to complete the District registration and fee payment process to enroll.
Action Required: Steps to Complete Registration
- Log In: Click here to log in to Skyward Family Access Portal. Only the primary guardian will have access to D181 online registration.
- Registration Steps: For step-by-step instructions, click here: Registration Steps
- SchoolPay Fees: All D181 schools use SchoolPay for processing fees. For instructions on how to use SchoolPay, please click here.
- PTO Registration: Are you registered with your school’s PTO? After registration and fee payment is complete, you can complete PTO tasks including ordering supply kits, registering for the PTO directory, and signing up to volunteer. Note: If you already registered with your school's PTO for 2021-22, there is no need to re-register.
- Final Submission - REQUIRED: Once you have completed PTO information, return to Skyward Family Access and complete the final submission on your registration application.
Please note that the registration process is not complete until you return to Skyward and click the “Submit D181 2020-21 Online Registration” button.
Notice: Fee payments are expected at the time of registration. If you have unpaid fees from the 2020-21 school year, these will need to be paid in full along with the 2021-22 fees.
Free School Lunches: Your child may be entitled to free school lunches. According to the Illinois School Code, every public school must have a free lunch program that provides free lunches (and breakfasts if a school offers breakfast) to students eligible to receive free meals. The application for the free lunch program is available in Skyward Family Access. Click here for directions on how to apply to determine if you qualify.
If you have any questions about D181 registration, please email email@example.com.