The good, the bad, and the side effects
What Causes Stress?
- Major life changes
- Being overly busy
- Unrealistic expectations of yourself
How does your body react to stress?
- Fight-Angry, agitated, unable to sit still, you may fight.
- Flight-Withdraw, depressed, show little emotion.
- Freeze-Frozen under pressure, a combination of both. You feel agitated, yet, you seem calm.
What are the consequences of being stressed?
- Loss of concentration
- Poor judgement
- Chest pain
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Short temper
- Eating more or less
- Sleeping more or less
- Nervous habits
- Using drugs or alcohol
How can you prevent stress from having a negative impact on you?
- Avoid unnecessary stress
- Accept what you cannot change
- Set aside relaxation time
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a healthy diet
- Get plenty of sleep