SPB Family Newsletter
Thursday, September 24, 2020
The Eucharistic community of Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School
focuses on Christ-centered values and develops the unique potential of each student
through a rigorous and engaging curriculum.
A Note from the Principal
We have been blessed with some beautiful weather--cool temperatures and abundant sunshine--that has allowed our students to enjoy recess consistently outside. Mrs. Klepcyk and I have enjoyed seeing the kids running around, starting some new games, and playing with some new friends.
We still have some openings toward the end of September (grade 8) and October (grade 7) for playground volunteers, and we could really use your help. Mrs. Klepcyk and I are out there every day, but we need at least a couple of other adults to help with monitoring students, grade level transitions, and walking students into the building. We are so grateful to parents who have already volunteered and to our regular volunteers who show up each week.
As we are approaching the midpoint of the quarter, I would be remiss not to thank a few people and groups. THANK YOU to:
- Our amazing PTO and the Jane Cunningham Foundation for purchasing the Chromebooks and cases for our fifth graders! Our original Chromebook order kept being delayed with the possibility of not receiving them until the second quarter or even later. When I approached our PTO about the situation, they graciously paid an extra $2,000 to cover the cost of better Chromebooks so that our students could receive them in early September.
- The Nick and Katie Orlando family for purchasing one of our new water refilling stations as well as an anonymous donor who has graciously offered to pay for the remaining three stations and their installation! Two have finally arrived and will be installed as soon as we can work out a time with the plumbers.
- To 3rd grade Brownie Troop 71710 for their $250 contribution to the installation of our water refilling stations!
- The Patyk family for donating 400 cloth masks for our students! If anyone is need of a mask, please let the office know.
- Our PTO for paying for lanyards for all of our students so that they can safely secure their masks at recess, etc.!
Grace and peace,
Ms. Diane Raguz, Principal
Annual Blue Mass
Prayer for first responders: https://youtu.be/gAhANXOU7sc
6th, 7th & 8th Grade Parents-We Need YOU!
We are asking that each family (mom, dad, grandma, etc.) choose at least two days to volunteer each time slot being 11:15 am-12:50 pm. There are many, many time slots open! We are so grateful for the help!
This is a great way for you to interact with your child and his/her classmates during the school day! Recess Volunteers should arrive to school at 11:10 and check in at the office. Duties will include supervising students at recess, escorting the students to and from the school doors. Volunteers will be with one school staff member each day to help direct.
Remember that after your two volunteer time slots, you are done for the year, as each month is assigned to a different grade.
COVID-19 Volunteer Protocol: all recess volunteers are required to wear a mask and complete the Visitor Self-Screening form when they arrive at school.
Heinen's Teaming Up for Education
Last year, St. Paschal Baylon PTO earned over $2,000 from Heinen’s Teaming Up for Education Program. Heinen’s donates 1% of your purchases from September to April back to SPB; all you have to do is sign up and use your Tasteful Rewards card each time you shop. Remember, each year every family needs to re-sign up and select St. Paschal Baylon. You can select SPB a few ways: by entering your rewards number or email at https://www.heinens.com/schools/, stopping by the Customer Service Counter in store, or calling Customer Relations at 1-855-475-2300 ext 2337. Please sign up and encourage your family and friends to do the same so that PTO can continue to provide funding for technology and other resources for our students. This is an easy way to earn money for our school while you do your regular grocery shopping. Thank you!
Romeo's Pizza Fundraiser
Please just us on the first Wednesday of every month for the Romeo's Pizza Fundraiser from 4:00-8:00 pm. You may use delivery or pick-up! Thank you for your support.
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support SPB every time you shop on Amazon, at no cost to you! When you shop at www.smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you need to select "St. Paschal Church Parochial School" as your charitable organization before you begin shopping. Every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation to SPB (0.5 percent). Why not give it a try the next time you shop online?