We R Revere Ready #RESleads
- Thank you to everyone who volunteered to help with the Minutemen Mile and 5K! We appreciate your time and willingness to help. With this great fundraiser we raised over $21,000!
- Thank you to all those who volunteered to bring in dinner for our staff during our conference nights. We appreciate you!
- Thank you to all those who helped with our Halloween parties and parade.
- Thank you to all of our volunteers for our Silver Linings Day. It was a beautiful event!
- Thank you to all those who come in to help for our vision and hearing screenings.
- As always thank you to our volunteers in the library, birthday book club, and Revere Ready celebrations.
- Congratulations to our Richfield PTA Volunteers for October and November Theresa Friedl, Krissi Horak, Jenn Hesch, Kristin Crites, and Amanda Strickler.
- We would like to congratulate Mrs. Margaret Birdwisa on her retirement effective November 30th. Her Richfield Elementary family wants to wish her well in her retirement.
- We would also like to welcome, Mrs. Amy Ellis as our new secretary at Richfield Elementary. We are excited to have her as part of our Richfield Elementary family.
- We would also like to thank Mrs. Betsy Riley and Mrs. Tessa Tegel for their help as secretaries during this time.
- All changes in transportation or parent pick-up need to be called in or emailed to Lori Head by 2pm every day.
- Students are reminded to dress appropriately for the weather with boots, hats, gloves, snow pants and coats. It is helpful to send an extra set of clothes with your child, to keep at the top of their locker, in case clothes get wet while outside for recess. Please label these clothes.
- There is a lost and found by the gym doors.
- Last month, Richfield and Bath Elementary families were told of busing changes being made to address safety concerns in those buildings. One change is that each student will only have one designated bus stop location. Revere will no longer have multiple bus stop locations throughout the week for an individual student. The district has decided to implement this change districtwide in grades K-12.
- Students arriving at Richfield Elementary will no longer have to sit on buses until 8:30 a.m. before entering the school. They will now be able to enter the building upon arrival; therefore, increasing safety. *Please note: Parent drop-off will still take place at 8:30 a.m.
- At afternoon dismissal, Bath Elementary students will not have to switch buses at Richfield Elementary. The bus each student boards after school will be the one he or she rides home. In addition, as soon as a bus arrives at Richfield Elementary, it will be loaded and leave immediately to take students home. These changes will decrease the amount of time students sit on buses. For many routes, students will be arriving home sooner than they do now.
- The revised bus routes will be posted on the Revere website Wednesday, November 27th.
- The new bus schedule will take effect Monday, December 9. Expect possible delays during this week as our bus drivers and staff make the switch to these new schedules.
- The times listed on the website will be an estimate until the routes have several days to stabilize.
- If you have questions, please contact Justin Miller, Transportation Supervisor, at email@example.com.
Richfield Elementary Holiday Giving
USMC Toys for Tots
We are participating in the USMC Toys for Tots program again this year. We will be collecting new and unwrapped toys from December 3rd through December 12th. We appreciate all the help for our local communities.
- Each class at RES will have the opportunity to visit the Holiday Shop to purchase gift items for friends and family. Look for information to come home on this fun opportunity!! Items range from $.25-$10, with most being in the $2-$5 range.
- We need a lot of volunteer power to make this event run smoothly for our kiddos. If you have some time to give, please consider volunteering to help shop with students and package gifts! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4ca4a923a0f85-holiday
- If you are interested in volunteering with your child's class or would like to volunteer without your child, see the classroom sign ups here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tlWFgAYiljY1SLklbxDOV7FTQypeYlngX0RGvwV8dOk/edit?usp=sharing
Night at the Races
Updates and General Info
- Save the Date for a Night at the Races on February 22 at 6:00pm at St. George's Church
- Night at the Races is the spring fundraiser benefitting both Bath and Richfield Elementary
- This event is Adults Only
- There is a silent auction, horse betting, and raffle baskets so bring cash
Birthday Book Club
Use the following link to sign up for birthday book club: https://richfieldpta.membershiptoolkit.com/story/202183
Please be sure to access OneView to update your child's emergency forms and information as soon as possible. We would like all of these completed by September 27th.
Connect with us on Instagram. You will receive important updates, hear stories, see pictures, and lots more!
Connect with us on Twitter. You will receive important updates, hear stories, see pictures, and lots more!
Click below to see pictures of our November Revere Ready students.
As a school, we want to be proactive in teaching our students positive behaviors. We will be implementing PBIS, Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports. We are using this program to help our students have a safe, positive learning environment and to provide consistency in all areas of our school.
We will be using three consistent school expectations with the goal that We “R” Revere Ready every day!
- We “R” Responsible
- We “R” Respectful
- We “R” Problem Solvers
To reinforce that we are Revere Ready, your child will be receiving positive class dojo points as well as whole class rewards. These positive behavior points will be “cashed in” for quarterly reward parties.
GIANT EAGLE APPLES FOR STUDENTS PROGRAM BEGINS SEPT 2, 2019 - MARCH 14, 2020
If you haven't already, please consider signing up for the Apples for Students program at Giant Eagle and a portion of your shopping sales goes to Richfield Elementary! Register your Giant Eagle Advantage Card® online.
Go to: GiantEagle.com/AFTS and enter code #1930 for Richfield Elementary. Super easy!! Once it is set up, you never have to think about it again! You can earn money for up to 5 schools simultaneously - so if you have a child at multiple schools you can either choose 1 or all by entering each schools corresponding code when registering!
11/25: 12/13 -Toys for Tots Campaign
11/28-12/2: No School- Thanksgiving Break
12/2: No School
12/3: PTA Meeting @ 6:30pm
12/9-12/13: PTA Holiday Shop
12/9: CARE Meeting 1pm
12/18: Character Recognition, S OUT PD
12/20: Winter Party @ 2pm
12/23-1/3: Winter Break!