Sibley East Elementary - December 23-January 3, 2022
I am so proud of our students! They have worked very hard this first part of the school year...not just with academics, but with showing their Wolverine PRIDE, too! To celebrate, we closed out December with some fun activities in the gym. A special thank you to our PCO and all of the parent/grandparent volunteers that came in to help today. I'll make a slideshow with all of the photos taken so you can see the excitement and energy as well!
- Thursday, December 23, 2021 - Monday, January 3, 2022: Winter Break (No School)
- Tuesday, January 4, 2022: School Resumes!
FREE Parent/Guardian Event - An Evening with Children's Author Julia Cook
Wednesday, Jan. 12th 2022 at 6:30-7:30pm
625 Harvey Drive
An Evening with Julia Cook:
This is a hands-on hour of laughs and parenting tricks of the trade. You’ll walk away with information and tricks that you can actually use!
Topics addressed include:
How to effectively address the current needs and worries of the Covid 19 situation with children
Video game addiction
Balancing the parenting act
Personal safety of kids
Teaching kids social skills through books
Also, we cover the following:
As educators and parents, our ultimate goal is to make a positive difference to children and help them reach their highest potential and become the best that they can be in all they do. This goal is getting harder and harder to reach.
- How do we accomplish the great task of teaching our kids the BIG LIST of everything they need to know and succeed in life when they believe that all of their needs are being met through screen time?
- How do we teach our kids online safety? How do we allow technology to add to our children’s life as opposed to taking from it?
- How do we create an environment where kids genuinely "want it" more than we want it for them?
This parenting talk takes a look at the things that world class parents and educators are doing to accomplish the "ultimate goal." By creating a craving for knowledge, setting boundaries, teaching GRIT, encouraging patience, and developing E.Q., our children can be their ultimate best and become prepared for their paths that lie ahead!
“I have my worries and reservations about sending my kids to school this year. However, after hearing Julia speak, I feel I now have the tools to talk more effectively to my child about the world and our current situation.”
– Kim Dieckman – 8th grade teacher and lloving mom of 3 kids ages 9, 13, and 15.
“I found Julia Cook's visit to be extremely inspiring. What she does for students, teachers and parents it truly amazing. Her passion to make the world better and help children be the best they can be is remarkable. Her books give teachers and parents tools to use and students a fun and entertaining play book for behavior skills. The energy she brought to our school kept everyone buzzing and smiling for days. Thank you for a life-changing, memorable experience.”
-Anne Haskins - Parent
“One of the best and most informative hours I have ever spent at a school.”
-Richard Harrison - Parent
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
PCO FREE Family Movie Night
Friday, Jan. 14th 2022 at 6:45pm
Sibley East Elementary Gym
- The start time is an approximation due to the middle school basketball game being hosted in the elementary gym that afternoon/evening.
- Concession will be available for purchase.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Wolverine PRIDE Ticket Winners
Pictured below are our Wolverine PRIDE winners from the week of December 13th!
Whenever a student earns a ticket for going above and beyond showing their Wolverine PRIDE, their name is entered into a weekly raffle drawing for a chance to spin the prize wheel! Keep up the great work, young Wolverines!
School Store Donations
Students will be be able to use their Wolverine PRIDE Tickets as currency in our school store (we'll have a store at the end of February and again in May). As a result, if you are interested in donation items to our school store, the items can be new or very gently used. Below are a few examples of what we're looking for:
- Small toys such as Hot Wheels cars and yo-yos
- Pencils, pens, and other art utensils
- Books and coloring books
- Nail polish and bracelets
- Stuffed animals
- Fidget toys
- Pokemon cards
Donations can be dropped off in the office any time! THANK YOU!