Middle School Weekend Update
Hidden and Twin Oaks News: Sunday, September 17, 2023
Cell phones at school
We are excited to welcome students back to our middle school campus for the 23-24 school year! To ensure a successful year for all students, we want to remind families that personal devices (such as cell phones) are not permitted to be used during the class period. This includes classrooms, hallways, and pod areas.
This year, we have the opportunity to partner with LiveMore ScreenLess, an organization who works to promote digital wellbeing through balanced, intentional, and effective technology use. You will hear more about LiveMore ScreenLess through newsletters and from your student as the year progresses.
We look forward to a great school year!
Many of our students walk and bike to our campus each day. Earlier this week, we discussed bike and pedestrian safety with all students at our expectations meeting during advisory. We also encourage families to watch this video about bike safety and discuss it with their child.
Sporting event information
September 19: Hidden Oaks State of the School Address
September 21: Twin Oaks State of the School Address
September 29: Homecoming Football Game - PLHS
October 4: Two hour early release (12:06pm)
October 13: Twin Oaks Picture Retake Day
October 18: No school, Staff Inservice
October 19-20: No school, MEA Break
Ultimate Frisbee Clinic
Hidden Oaks: 952-226-0701 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Twin Oaks: 952-226-0501 OR email@example.com
Student Drop off & Pick up information
- Students being dropped off must be dropped off at the SOUTH DOORS (Pool entrance @ HOMS and the lower level Marquee entrance @ TOMS).
- Students can be dropped off as early as 6:45am. All students arriving early are to congregate in the cafeteria at their assigned building. Breakfast is available for the those who are interested.
- Students are released from the cafeteria at 7:10am to enter hallways and walk to classrooms
- Cars are not permitted in the bus loop
- Plan your arrival time carefully, class starts at 7:20am and traffic picks up around the school after 7am
- Students are released at 2:06pm
- Parents should pick up students at the SOUTH DOORS
- Student and bus traffic may cause delays, please be patient during dismissal times
Middle School Support Staff
Need support from someone at school, here is who you contact:
Hidden Oaks Middle School
- Principal: Sasha Kuznetsov
- Assistant Principal: Melissa Knettel
- Dean of Students: Scott Peterson
- Counselor: Rhonda Soukup (Grade 6)
- Counselor: Kristin Hodnefield (Grade 7)
- Counselor: Jason Dvorak (Grade 8)
- Social Worker: Kim Koepp
- Health Office 952-226-0706
Twin Oaks Middle School
- Principal: Joe Kuboushek
- Assistant Principal: John Dahl
- Dean of Students: Zach Johnson
- Counselor: Zac MacLean (Grade 6)
- Counselor: Sarah Loechler (Grade 7)
- Counselor: Allison Beesley (Grade 8 )
- Social Worker: Jennifer Witt
- Health Office 952-226-0506