Leonardo De Vinci and His works
By Chris Mullen
Leonardo Da vinci
- Born on the 15th of April 1452 in Vinci Italy
- Spent most of his years in Florence and milan
- Home schooled
- Took notice in studying Euclid, science, and painting
- Young and educated
- Leonardo's career was full of many jobs depending on who took him in for a job his most common jobs where as a Painter, engineer, scientist, and architect
- Realist paint style
- Inventor, Inventing new war machines For the duke or for simple solutions
- Cesare Borgia
- Giuliano De Medici
- The Duke
- Isabella D'este had leonardo paint the portrait the "noble women"
- Leonardo had a vast education in many jobs but painting is his most known career
- Mona Lisa
- The last supper
- Vitruvian Man
- Lady with an Ermine
- Self-Portriat in red chalk
Located in the Du Louvre museum
This piece is Significant because the quality and style behind it is unlike most in its time this piece resembles a perfect human down to every detail he used unknown techniques at the time to perfect the multiple details in the painting.
In my opinion this piece takes the person for who they really are not making them look like a good, but rather like the common person at the time wearing normal clothes. The colors used match the person in the picture making it more realistic, the detail in the picture goes right down to the stitching on her clothing and the hair strings on her head.
This piece represents humanism from its vast resemblement of the average human at the time looking like a normal person and not doing something godly or being fed by birds or in the clouds but in a normal land skype in a normal pose.
This piece is most interesting to me cause i’ve heard much about it but never really searched or anything so when i searched it online i was surprised at how detailed it in every aspect of humans at the time and also very impressed with how the colors matched the mood of the women to make it come more alive.