PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Friday, January 29, 2016
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * WILDCAT SPORTS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- JV & VARSITY LADY CATS vs. McKinney Boyd, Friday, Jan. 29th at McKinney Boyd High School. JV plays at 6pm & Varsity at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY CATS vs. Flower Mound Marcus, Friday, Feb. 5th at PSHS. JV plays at 6pm & Varsity at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY CATS vs. McKinney Boyd. Friday, Jan. 29th at PSHS. JV plays at 6pm & Varsity at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY CATS vs. McKinney Boyd. Friday, Feb. 5th at Flower Mound Marcus. JV plays at 6pm & Varsity at 7:30pm.
- JV CATS at Jacket Classic Saturday, Jan. 30th at Rockwall High School. Start time is 8:30am.
- JV & VARSITY CATS at District 6 Tournament Saturday, Feb. 6th. at Location and time TBD.
- JV & VARSITY LADY CATS vs.Plano East , Jan. 29th at Clark Stadium. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY CATS vs. McKinney Boyd , Feb. 2nd at McKinney Boyd High School. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY vs. Plano East, Jan. 29th at Kimbrough Stadium. JV plays at 5:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY vs. McKinney Boyd at Clark Stadium Feb. 2nd. JV plays at 5:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV Districts Friday, Jan. 29th at PAC. Start time is 11:00am.
- Varsity Regionals Feb. 4-6th at Rockwall. Time TBD.
- Trails of Frisco District Preview Friday, Jan. 29th and Saturday, Jan. 30th.
- JV & Varsity Lady Cats Scrimmage vs. Coppell Feb. 2nd at PSHS. JV plays at 5:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- Varsity Lady Cats Scrimmage vs. Coppell, Lovejoy, Burkburnett Feb. 6th at Plano West. Time TBD.
- JV Lady Cats Scrimmage vs. Coppell, Lovejoy, Burkburnett Feb. 6th at PSHS. Time TBD.
STUDENT AND SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
We always say, Win with class; lose with class. At public events, PLEASE represent PSHS with pride and respect for the hard work of all participants.
- Show respect for the National Anthem and those who've paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect this country and our freedom.
- Cheer FOR our team, not against the other. Our athletes have worked hard to be on the playing field. They deserve our POSITIVE SUPPORT.
- Treat the opposing team and their fans with respect. Positively acknowledge their efforts.
- Similarly, bring only signs that convey a positive message.
- Follow the directions of school officials, police officers.
- Respect the decisions of the officials. Ultimately, their say is final.
- Follow UIL rules, including no mechanical noisemakers such as air horns.
- If a player is injured, show respect, and remain quiet while he/she is being tended to.
- Represent your school and yourself with pride. Many children attend these events. Be good role models for them.
* * * * * * * * * * * * EVENTS ACROSS THE CAMPUS * * * * * * * * * * *
VINES BAND SPAGHETTI SUPPER
AP EXAM PAYMENTS
AP exam Payment is due in the Counseling Office no later than February 12 (changed from the information received at Exam Registration)
If paying by Cash or Check:
1) Print your Confirmation Statement (emailed to you from Total Registration)
2) bring a copy of the Confirmation Statement with your payment to the Counseling Office 3) you will receive the payment envelope at that time
If paying by Credit Card:
1) parent signs on to your PayPams account 2
2) select “Sr High”
3) choose every exam you will take 4) enter payment (receipt will show details)
AVID CARNATIONS & COOKIES VALENTINE’S DAY SALE
AVID will be taking carnations & cookies pre- orders from Monday, Feb. 8th – Wednesday, Feb. 10th in the Cafeteria during both lunches.
Pick-up and Additional Sales:
Thursday & Friday, Feb. 11th & 12th…Cafeteria during both lunches
Price: $2 for 1 carnation
$5 for 3 carnations
$15 for 1 dozen carnations
$1 for 2 cookies
*Heart shaped card comes with all orders
Please join us for the 17th Annual MR. PLANO on Saturday, Feb. 13th at 7pm in the PSHS Theatre. Tickets will be on sale starting Monday, Feb. 8th – Friday, Feb. 12th in the Cafeteria during both lunches. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. This event has sold out almost every year, so purchase tickets early!!!
GRADUATION CAP & GOWN ORDERS
If you have not already done so, please visit www.texasgradshop.com to order cap and gown and announcements. You can NO LONGER order the cap and gown at www.Jostens.com. For delivery in late March at PSHS, your order needs to be submitted NO LATER than Tuesday, March 1st. This will also ensure that your size will be available.
ST. ANDREW’S PROM CLOSET
The United Methodist Women of St. Andrew UMC, Plano are hosting a Prom Closet for young ladies to shop for that special event. There are dresses in all sizes and colors, as well as shoes, handbags and jewelry. The event has everything needed to complete the "total look" for the evening.
Shopping days are:
Tuesday, March 1st: 4 - 8pm
Wednesday, March 2nd: 4 - 8pm
Thursday, March 3rd: 4 - 8pm
Saturday, March 5th: 9am - 12pm
Shopping will take place at the church - 1401 Mira Vista side of the church (Plano Parkway and Mira Vista), in the Smith Worship Center. Park in the east parking lot along Mira Vista and follow the Prom Closet directional signs. This event is a service of the UMW and is provided at no cost. The ONLY requirement is the high school girl must be present to shop. Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
TRYOUTS: Thursday & Friday, March 17th & 18th from 5pm to complete at PSHS Gym
* MANDATORY Parent/Participant Meeting on Tuesday, March 1st at 6pm in the
Bldg. B Lecture Hall
PRE-TRYOUT CHEER CLINICS:
- Monday, March 14th from 5-7pm in the PSHS Cafeteria
- Tuesday, March 15th from 5-7pm in the PSHS Cafeteria
- Wednesday, March 16th from 5-complete in the PSHS Cafeteria (Mock Tryouts)
Cheer packets will be available in the Front Office (Fishbowl) starting Monday, Feb. 1st and are DUE to the Fishbowl by Friday, March 4th, NO LATER THAN 4:15pm. Late packets will not be accepted unless previous arrangements have been made with the PSHS Cheer Coaches.
* MANDATORY Post-Tryout Parent/Participant Meeting (for those who made the team!) will be held on Tuesday, April 5th at 6pm in the Bldg. B Lecture Hall.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
WHITE GUARD/MASCOT TRYOUTS
Tryouts: Wednesday & Thursday, March 23 and 24 @ Plano Senior High cafeteria
Tryout times: 4:30pm to complete:
Wednesday, March 23rd Interviews 5:00- 7:00pm @ PSHS cafeteria
Thursday, March 24th Tryouts 5:00-7:00pm @ PSHS cafeteria
Packets available: in the PSHS fishbowl Monday, February 1st
*Mandatory pre-tryout parent/participant meeting March 1st at 6pm in the PSHS B Building Lecture Hall
Packets due: Friday, March 18th no later than 4:15pm to the PSHS fishbowl
Late packets will not be accepted unless previous arrangements have been made with the PSHS cheer coaches.
*Mandatory post-tryout parent/participant meeting (for those that made the team!)April 5th at 6pm in the PSHS B Building Lecture Hall
Please contact: Kim.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
QUARTERBACK CLUB SPIRITWEAR SALE
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: