The Preschool Press
December 17, 2021
This week we were busy at ECDC preparing for Jesus' birthday! We had snowball fights in gymnastics, decorated gingerbread houses, finished making Christmas presents for moms and dads, and even received a special message from the North Pole! Click HERE to see the message.
We are collecting tins at ECDC to store some of our materials. If you have popcorn or cookie tins leftover from Christmas, we would love to have them!
I'm excited to share that our newly designed website is now live. I invite you to take some time in the coming days and weeks to explore all it has to offer. The enhanced user experience and responsive design will allow you to seamlessly navigate our website on any device. Happy browsing!
We will be closed next week and the following week for Christmas break. Please have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year!
After School Art Class
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO