St Pius X Youth E-Date
December 19, 2019
Table of Contents
- NEW! It's 4th Sunday of Advent. Get ready and read the Gospel!
- There's still time! Check out our Advent Resources!
- NEW! See Our Teens this Saturday on the Courier's Advent Calendar!
- NEW! SPX CYO Basketball Games Saturday & Sunday!
- Christmas Mass Schedule
- NEW! NCYC Pilgrims Reunion Dec 30th 10 AM - 3 PM in Youth Room, Adoration in Chapel 3 pm, Benediction w/Fr Paul 3:30 pm.
- NEW! CYO Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship!
- Sign Up Genius Link for Parents Volunteering with Youth Events and Retreats
- PDF of Sunday Youth Nite Schedule
3. Last November Catholic Courier reporter Gina Capellazzi came by on a Sunday evening and videoed some of our teens re-enacting the Gospel for this coming SATURDAY, January 21 so they could post the video as part of their Interactive Advent Calendar. Click HERE to check it out (it will be live on Saturday)
4. CYO Basketball - Come take in a Game This Saturday!
5. St Pius Tenth Christmas Mass Schedule
St Pius Tenth
Christmas Mass Schedule
Tuesday, December 24
Wednesday, December 25
Top Ten Reasons to go on a St Pius X Parish Youth Retreat
1. Pull Back
· It’s strategic. You withdraw from your regular life, pulling in all the energy that’s otherwise fanned out and thinned out in multiple directions.
· You gather your forces to focus them on something/someone you love.
2. Become Spacious
· You step out of your structured scheduled day-to-day and step into space and time, space-time.
· At school, home, with friends, social media, clubs, sports, school, homework, all are vying for attention, time is taken. All of it. There is no free time.
· Time on retreat is different, fluid. There’s no more rush!
· You find a space where you can give yourself time to connect with the flow of the Holy Spirit, genius and inspiration in many areas in life.
3. Get Inspired
· Inspiration, translates as “to breathe into.” Ruah – is a name for Spirit in the Scriptures.
· So, you breathe Life into your life.
· How it comes is different for everyone, but one thing’s for sure: Inspiration won’t strike out of nowhere, while you blindly do the same rote stuff every day.
· It’s a frame of mind that can come from a change of landscape and outlook.
· We’re all creative. Creativity and inspiration happen when you take the time away from your daily life to remember your life dream.
· You play with what inspires you, whether it’s crochet, writing, jogging, sculpting, cooking or a little bit of everything.
· When you are on a retreat you get to listen.
· Why? Because, depending on where you are, there’s no phone, parents, TV, friends, limited or no WiFi, and maybe a few trusted adults who might be worth spending time with.
· What do you hear?
· The sounds of nature coming alive as your heart reconnects.
· The wind, but more importantly, that quiet inside your own heart.
· Everyone needs to unload, clean out and empty their mental desktop.
· You will leave a retreat lightened, clearer, recharged, refreshed, and more present.
· This new perspective can guide you to make changes in your life that you know you need to make.
6. Lose the Fear
· How many of you live part of every single day steeled for confrontation?
· Our retreat is a safe space, literally and figuratively.
· Cell phones are put away and used rarely.
· You don’t have to lock up your belongings.
· You can trust the people around you with your most precious possession, your self., your peace of heart.
7. Remember Who You Are
· Society wants you to be the brother, sister, student, athlete, musician, performer, friend, etc, etc .
· When we go on retreat we are reminded that we are actually individuals, human beings, as opposed to “human doings.”
· On retreat you can drop all the roles.
· You can just be you for the first time.
8. Find Your People
· We’re all the same/different.
· You meet other people in the same position.
· Here, no one has to justify themselves- they are taken seriously.
· Here, no one has to justify their faith – whatever expression it has – is taken seriously.
· You allow yourself to be different because the people around you are.
9. Help Others
· When you take space-time your family gets space-time too. This brings appreciation.
· They realize what it’s like when you’re not around, to hang out, work, practice, shop, love them.
· Without you taking up your usual spot, people shift positions to fill that space.
· Life takes on a new shape.
· Life is actually different when you return and you are free to take up a new space in it. This is growth.
· People see a new you, and they see that they’re new, too.
· People are motivated to make more positive change.
10. Establish a Routine/Practice
· Sure, you can optimize conditions in your own life to create a non-negotiable private time.
· But if you’re trying to squeeze time into an already full schedule, creating those conditions at home can take years.
· Establishing them on a retreat is easier.
· As opposed to having to fight through your routine to refocus on God you go on retreat and get encouraged by the example of others.
· You go back home and re-establish your life in a new way.
· Retreats are important because people leave retreats fitter, rested, happier and clearer.
· Who doesn’t want some of that?
PLUS retreats are so much fun! And you’ll find great friends that are right in your parish!
Our St Pius X Youth Retreat offers you prime time prayer with God and with Friends!
This year we are offering the same retreat on two different weekends at Camp Stella Maris Wegman House. Each weekend can take up to 40 students. Confirmation Prep members will be given priority before the retreats are opened to other parish youth.
We are beginning to form Adult Retreat Teams now.
Please contact Barb if you’re interested in being a team member.
The retreat dates are: February 2, 3, 4 OR April 24, 25,26
Our NCYC 2019 Pilgrims and Parents are invited to gather for a day of fun and spiritual growth. We will be closing the day with Adoration at 3:00 PM in the SPX Chapel. Please consider joining us even if you haven't been to NCYC!
8. SPX Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship
Save the Date
January 26, 2020
@St Jude's Gym