NEW ZION YOUTH CHOIR
Let the Singing Begin!
Come and Join Us...
Dear Parents of Sixth Graders:
We would like to extend an invitation to your sixth grade student to become a part of the New Zion Youth Choir. The choir is open to all students in grade 6-12, and rehearses on Sunday afternoons from 3:20-4:30.
- The choir meets weekly during the school year to prepare music for worship.
- Through their rehearsals, trips and outreach projects the choir members have the opportunity to experience, share and grow in their faith.
- The choir leads in Sanctuary worship on Sunday mornings regularly throughout the school year.
- We are intentional about building community and creating strong friendships.
- Singers in the youth choir attend schools all around the city which allows the opportunity to meet students that they might not ordinarily come in contact with.
As your child moves from the children's ministry to the youth ministry at AHUMC we hope that he or she will consider New Zion Choir as an area of service. New Zion is a great group of young people who are excited about their service and involvement in the church. We want your youth to be a part of the choir. Our first rehearsal will be on Sunday, August 18th ,from 3:20 to 4:30. On the following Sunday, August 25th we will have a New Zion Parents Meeting at 3:20 in room E228.
Please take some time to discuss this opportunity with your youth and note that to be in this choir, no prior musical experience is necessary.
We look forward to meeting you on August 18th and working with your family.
Nona and Ruth Ann
Join us Sunday, August 18th at 3:20 in the Choir Room.
A Few Mission Trip Pictures
Here are a few items for the calendar as we begin our year.
Friday, August 23rd - Swim Party at the Prices 1:30-3:30. Please RSVP at rehearsal on Sunday or via email. Address and directions to come later.
Sunday, August 25th - Rehearsal 3:20-4:30 / Parents Meeting at the same time
Sunday, September 1st - No Rehearsal - Labor Day Weekend
Who We Are...
This open and welcoming group is for anyone that would like to participate. One does not have to be a member of AHUMC to come and be a part.
For more information contact Nona Schwab.