What Is Depression?
Feelings of severe despondency and dejection."self-doubt creeps in and that swiftly turns to depression"
A long and severe recession in an economy or market. "the depression in the housing market"
What Causes Depression?
Depression can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain and stressful life events, such as the loss of a loved one.
The persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of emotional and physical conditions. These include inability to sleep or concentrate on tasks. Changes in appetite, decreased energy level, and thoughts of suicide are also seen.The mainstay of treatment is talk therapy with a trained psychologist or psychiatrist. Medications (for example citalopram and paroxetine) that act on the chemical imbalance in the brain are also useful treatments for major depression.
People May Experience:
- Mood: anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, inability to feel pleasure, loss of interest, mood swings, or sadness
- Sleep: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep
- Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, loss of appetite, or restlessness
- Behavioral: agitation, excessive crying, irritability, or social isolation
- Cognitive: lack of concentration, slowness in activity and thought, or thoughts of suicide
- Weight: weight gain or weight loss
- Also common: poor appetite or repeatedly going over thoughts
A lot of people think that its to hard to deal with depression but in reality there just giving up....
Most people once they have depression for awhile they thing suicide is the only answer.
What you see, How i feel
You can never tell how somebody feels when they have depression
14-18 Very common
19-40 Very common
41-60 Very common
60+ Very common