Author, Specialist, Knowledge
Two-Way ITV between authors and students who read!
ASK = Author * Specialist * Knowledge
TWICE (Two Way Interactive Connections in Education) partners with various educational organizations such as the Genesee ISD and GenNET around Michigan to bring ASK Author video conferences to students.
ASK (“Authors Specialist and Knowledge”) is an organized process that provides students with the opportunity to interview an author or a subject specialist in the topic they are reading about in a novel. The program uses excellent literature, journal writing and interviewing to promote reading for understanding.
Information below provides additional information about the program, the winter and spring 2015 schedule and how to prepare for meeting several great authors of really well-known books students love to read!
For a full list of A.S.K. programs for winter and spring of the 2015 school year, click on the link above.
Click here, complete the online registration form and Genesee ISD staff will begin the process with the provider to bring an A.S.K. program to the classroom!
How does it work? What is the cost to participate?
- Cost: $40 for TWICE Organization Members; $80 for non-members or individual members. The Genesee ISD is a member of TWICE, thus all Genesee County and GenNET sites are automatically members!
- Cancellation Procedures: For a full refund, cancellations must be submitted 5 weeks (25 business days) ahead of time. Programs cancelled less than 5 weeks before the date of the program will still be billed for the full cost.
- Technology: These programs are available via GenNET ITV Distance Learning Classrooms.
- Multipoint: Each session is shared with up to three participating classrooms from the around Michigan and other parts of the United States
- Waiting List. If a program you want is full, please register & note waiting list. Sometimes schools cancel and we'd like to have the sessions full if possible.
- Questions? Contact the GenNET Office at the Genesee ISD at 591-4436
For a short video about A.S.K. Click here