BY: Owen,Santiago, kelvin,
Con's and Pro's
- Sometime hard to reach
- only found in sertan areas
- slow decayed radioactive particles
- found near pacific ocean
- Many uses
- There is an enormous amount of thermal energy deep within the earth, that is replenished at a very high rate. This amount is estimated to be higher than all the fossil fuels
- Geothermal energy is not susceptible to price fluctuation like crude oil.
- It is considered the most “green” of all renewable energy types, primarily because there are no products of combustion like in all fossil fuel energy generation operations.
- Lifetime costs of geothermal operations, both in' residences' and generation plants
- Geothermal produces about 0.4 of the energy used in the U.S.
- the word geothermal comes from the Greek words geo and therme
- They get geothermal energy from wells
- Uses electricity