Register to Vote!
Voter Eligibility, Ways to Register and Registration
Voter Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a resident of the county for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election
- Must not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction
- Must rescind any previous registration in another county or state
Methods of Registration for North Carolina
- by mail
- in person
- by email
- by fax
North Carolina Voter Deadlines
The NC voter registration deadline is 25 days before Election Day.
Eligible to vote in an upcoming election as long as registration application is by the deadline.
Military, Overseas & Out-of-State Registration
- Stationed outside of NC in the military (or as military dependents).
- Overseas during an election.
You can register/vote by using...
- The Federal Postcard Application (FPCA)
- The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
*If you are out-of-state but still have permanant residence in NC you can register via email, mail or fax*