Friedell Middle School
February 22 - 26
The Week Ahead!
Here is the Schedule/Day Calendar for next week!
- February 22 - B Day 2 (Class periods 4, 5, 6, 7)
- February 23 - A Day 1 (Class periods 1, 2, 3, Advisory)
- February 24 - A Day 2 (Class periods 4, 5, 6, 7)
- February 25 - B Day 1 (Class periods 1, 2, 3, Advisory)
- February 25 - Student Listening Session During Advisory
- February 25 - Conference Sign-up Release
- February 26 - B Day 2 (Class periods 4, 5, 6, 7)
Students have access to a form in their grade level Google Classroom that they can update with their schedule for the week. We are including another version of that document here.
- February 1-21st - PTSA Winter Decathlon! = Extended one more week!!!
- February 25th - The Conference Sign-up form will be emailed to families at 7:00 p.m. this day (to sign up for March 3rd Conferences)
- Student Listening Session on the Model Change Planning Updates
- March 3 - Conferences - 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- March 3 - Parent Listening Session and Chat with the Principal - 12:00 p.m. (Noon)
- March 4 - Parent Listening Session and Chat with the Principal - 6:30 p.m.
- March 5 - No School for Professional Development
- March 8 - Parent Listening Session and Chat with the Principal - 6:00 p.m.
- March 12 - Parent Listening Session and Chat with the Principal - 12:00 p.m. (Noon)
- March 17 - No School for Model Change Planning
- March 23 - 6th Grade Transition Day
- March 24 - No School for Model Change Planning
- March 25 - No School for Model Change Planning
- March 26 - No School for the end of the quarter grading day
- March 29 to April 2 - Spring Break
- April 5 - Return to school in person for students (More details to come!)
- The Friedell office is open daily from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call if you have questions or need support!
- Many of the pictures below contain links to websites and additional information. Please feel free to click on them to access the additional information. One example would be the February Calendar, that link takes you to our district calendars page, specifically the Middle School Calendar.
FEBRUARY MEAL DISTRIBUTION
RPS is continuing to offer meal kit pick-up for all children 1-18 years old regardless of meal price eligibility. Students do not need to be enrolled at RPS to receive free meals. Students are able to receive one meal kit/week.
Meal Kits will consist of heat-and-serve and ready-to-eat entrees, fruits, vegetables and milk. Instructions for storage/preparation will be available online. No pre-registration or paperwork is required.
Friedell Families! If you are unable to make it to Graham Park during these times, but would like to receive a Meal Kit, please contact the Friedell office! We will try to help!
Daytime Meal Kit Distribution Dates:
- February 26th
Daytime distribution is from 10 AM - 12 PM.
Evening Meal Distribution Dates:
- February 24th
Evening distribution is from 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM.
Both distributions can be picked up from Graham Park Building #35 at the Fairgrounds (1403 3rd Avenue SE).
Do you have a sibling attending Friedell next year for 6th Grade?
Follow the link to our website and all the videos to help you make the best choice for selecting Music in Middle School!
There are videos for Choir, Orchestra, and Band! There are a couple of additional videos for Orchestra and Band has instrument specific videos as well! Check them all out and complete the registration form! The registration form will go live (or become active) on February 15th!
For those that have a current 5th grade student who will be attending a RPS middle school other than Friedell (JA, Kellogg, or Willow Creek), they too have similar pages on the individual school sites!
For questions, please contact our Friedell Music Team:
Choir - Jason Wright
Orchestra - Lori Ringen-Poencet
Band - Troy Kowalski
Student Mental Health Resource
Rochester Public Schools recognizes that we are all experiencing increased stress and worry during this time. In response, RPS is now partnering with community agencies to provide free virtual consultations to help address worries you might have about your child's mental wellness. These sessions will typically be with a community provider, not with an RPS staff member. Visit https://rochestermnschedule.as.me/ to schedule a 45 minute appointment with a trained mental health provider to discuss your concerns. These consultations can help you clarify what help your child might need and think about next steps. The mental health provider you meet with can connect you with resources for help. What is discussed during the consultation is confidential.
Click on the picture below, or open one of the PDF files for additional details!
Need Something? We Can Help!
We are able to connect with other district sites on many resources that could potentially help solve a problem you have with:
- Food Insecurity
- Winter Clothing
- Homework Help after school
- Technology Support
We want you to know that you can call us at school (507) 328-5650, or email the office firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
Our Library is OPEN!!!
Please do not let getting a book be a barrier! We are now making weekly deliveries on Wednesdays. You can check out a book any day, but we will work to deliver books that have not been picked up yet each week on Wednesday!
In addition to checking out books from our library, please remember we have thousands of eBooks available on the student iPads. If you are interested in this option, please follow this link!
Student Support Services