Class of 2020 Parents
Francis Howell Central Spartans
ICYMI...Academic Night, January 12, 2016
- July 28th is schedule pick-up day for our incoming freshmen. This is a day of one-stop shopping. You will walk around the building taking care of everything from health forms to school pictures, activities passes and yearbooks.
- August 1 is the first day of practices for fall sports. Mr. Harris, our Activities Director, will be visiting each middle school in the spring to share information with the students about fall sports and activities. He will have summer camp information, as well.
- August 4…Freshmen Transition Day! This is a mock school-day for freshmen only. Busses will run, kids will meet their teachers, walk their schedules, open their lockers, participate in different activities, eat lunch, and have the opportunity to hear about different ways to get involved here at FHC. Letters will go home with specific information this summer. Please mark your calendars now!
- August 9 is the first day of school with everyone together in the building for the first time.
- No uniforms
- students need to have clothes and shoes daily for PE activities
- dressing out is a big part of the overall PE grade
- locks and lockers provided
Class of 2020 Parent Club:
On April 12, I will be hosting a meeting for any parents interested in being a member of the Parent Club 2020. You will be receiving a letter inviting you to the meeting. Our main purpose for that meeting is to elect your parent officers. If you are interested, or know someone who would be fantastic, please let me know.
Middle School is almost over...NOW WHAT?!?
Enjoy the rest of the middle school experience! Take advantage of the activities and opportunities given to 8th graders. Have fun! Make memories.
Stay connected! Parents, our students need our help more than ever navigating through the social media world. Please follow your children and their friends on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and anything else! Talk to them about leaving their digital footprint.