July 20 , 2023
Dear Erickson Families,
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and creating wonderful family memories together! This is the SUMMER issue of the Erickson Express. The next Express will be shared on Thursday, August 10 and will continue to be published every Thursday throughout the school year.
We are preparing bus routes for the 23-24 school year. If you are eligible for the bus, but will NOT be utilizing bus transportation, please fill out the DECLINE BUS SERVICE FORM to OPT OUT OF BUS TRANSPORTATION so we do not place your child(ren) on a bus route. This form needs to be completed each year. THANK YOU!
Important Beginning of the Year Dates
- August 8: NEW STUDENT TESTING (grades 1-5) by appointment ONLY - call the school office to schedule 630-529-2223
- August 16 - 3:00-6:00 pm: INFORMATION DAY: Families can come to Erickson to find out classroom teachers, bus routes, PTO information, purchase spirit wear, etc. Families can walk the building. Teachers are not present on this day.
- August 23rd - 2:30-3:30: MEET THE TEACHER/SCHOOL SUPPLY DROP OFF (ALL GRADES: Preschool-5th Grade). Bring your school supplies to drop off and meet your new teacher!
- August 24th: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL -1st-5th Grade (8:40-3:30)
- August 24-25: Kindergarten Assessment - Kindergarten Families should call the office 630-529-2223 to schedule a time for Aug. 24-25.
- August 25: TBD Back to School Bash in the evening (PTO event more info to come)
- August 28th: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL -Preschool (AM-8:50-11:20 or PM-12:50-3:20) & Kindergarten (AM-8:40-11:30) or (PM-12:40-3:30)
Erickson summer office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00-3:00, closed on Fridays.
Please reach out if you have any question or concerns. The best way to reach me would be via email or phone: email@example.com or 630-529-2223.
Have a wonderful day!
2023 Summer Reading Challenge
Explore new stories. Discover new characters. Find your love of books! The Challenge? If you choose to accept is... to read 20 books on 20 different topics to earn a Pizza Party Picnic on September 6, 2023. Who? Erickson students going into 1st to 5th grade in the 2023-2024 school year.
Summer Reading 2023
What a sizzling time to READ! Summer is fast approaching! Lots of time to soak in the sun and READ! There are many programs around the area that are encouraging your child to read this summer. Bloomingdale Public Library and Roselle Public Library's "Finding your Voice" begins June 1st. B...
2023-24 school supply by grade level.docx
PRESCHOOL QTY QTY 1 Kleenex - LARGE BOX 1 Dry Erase Markers - Chisel Tip -low odor- package of 4 1 box of sandwich size ziploc bags 1 2 pocket folder 2 Elmer's glue stick 1 package of plain white cardstock 1 Elmer's glue bottle 1 full size zip bac...
From the Finance Department:
Fees for the 23-24 School Year have been posted to students' MSB accounts. Some of you may not have received an invoice email from MSB. Please go to MSB to pay your school fees by September 1, 2023.
What to do:
Follow these simple instructions to create your account and pay your fees.
Visit the Store in MSB to purchase items such as Transportation, Milk, etc. If your student will be taking the bus, please make that purchase sooner rather than later so First Student can route your child(ren) for the 23-24 school year.
FAMILY HANDBOOK & STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
Please take the time to review the Erickson Family Handbook. Each class will meet with Mrs. Frattinger and myself to discuss school rules and procedures. Ask your student how to SOAR in the hallways, in the classroom, on the bus and during recess.
School Hours / Lunch Hours
The first full day of school is Thursday August 25th, for students in first - fifth grade. Kindergarten & Preschool students start school on Monday, August 29th. Students may arrive between 8:25-8:40. Classes begin at 8:40.
Grades 1st-5th: 8:40-3:30
Kindergarten AM: 8:40-11:30
Kindergarten PM: 12:40-3:30
Preschool AM: 8:50-11:20
Preschool PM: 12:50-3:20
1st, 2nd & 3rd Grade Lunch: 12:00-12:25
4th-5th Grade Lunch: 12:25-12:50
Dropping off lunches from restaurants (ie- McDonald's, Wendy's, Panera, etc.) as well as using food delivery services to drop off food (ie -GrubHub, Door Dash) is not allowed. Students should bring their lunch in the morning to school each day. Safety is our number one priority and we would like to limit visitors.