Week Three: September 7
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
Week TWO Reflection
Week Two is in the books and, although long, Week Two was a great success. Back-to-School Night had over 80% parent participation and I really appreciate all of the hard work you put into make Week Two and Back-to-School night great successes.
Everyday I work to navigate through the ins and outs of Serrano and have conversations and make decisions that look different from previous years - I cannot thank you enough for your flexibility to navigate the newness with me. I am so proud to be an Eagle.
This upcoming week has more exciting things starting. This week we start 5th and 6th grade music, computer and library time and have a quick four day week. Please take a quick second to read through this bulletin and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for another great week!
Soaring Moment: Second Grade Saying Pledge as A Group. What a great way to show importance and build community - thank you Second Grade
Week Three: A Week to Celebrate Being an Eagle
Week Three Event Update
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Vigneault
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Rutledge
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Ivory
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Coony
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: Raidmae/O'Hare
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: Ilinescu
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Cycenas
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Pettibone
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Karr
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Welch
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Schmuhl
FREE FROM DUTY: Strawn, King, Cinadr, Beckham, Fisher
MONDAY: Labor Day - NO SCHOOL
TUESDAY: 5th and 6th Grade VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) Starts - 8-10a. 6th Grade Parent Meeting at 7pm in Mrs. Welch's Class.
WEDNESDAY: Modified Wednesday @ Serrano, 1:30 - 3 Individual Prep. This day may include a 20 minute staff meeting at 1:30 (if voted upon) - vote within this bulletin and I will let you know results by Wednesday morning.
THURSDAY: Originally schedule PFO meeting has been moved to next week - 9/17
FRIDAY: FALL PICTURE DAY - Room 12. Picture schedule and logistics will be released midweek. Ice Cream Sales & Serrano Spirit Drawing. PFO Family Movie Night - Showing The Incredibles on the Big Apple
STAY CONNECTED WITH SERRANO
Serrano Haiku Site (for staff only): https://orangeusd.haikulearning.com/do/account/login
- Our Twitter Handle @SerranoEagles, Serrano Elementary holds instant information about Serrano. Please follow if you have a Twitter.
*The Serrano Haiku Site requires your Google Login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for login help.
Meet Our New VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) Teachers!
VAPA for 5th & 6th Graders Starts Tuesday
Schedule - all 5th grade classes from 8:05-8:50 and 6th grade classes from 9:00-9:45
- BAND: 5th (room 71), 6th (room 71)
- ORCHESTRA: 5th (room 41), 6th (room 72)
- CHOIR: 5th (room 42), 6th (room 73)
- THEATER: 5th (room 12), 6th (room 12)
*Band and Orchestra are year long programs and students will be assigned an instrument and take it home for practice each week. We have 82 instruments for our Serrano Eagles :)
** Choir and Theater are semester long courses and will switch at the end of January. Students who choose choir or theater, will have both by the end of the year.
5th & 6th Grade TEACHERS: This is going to be a little chaotic for the first couple of weeks and we will all do the best we can to implement this great opportunity for our students. I will be there an on walkie to help with whatever is needed. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Roles & Leadership Opportunities
We still have a couple opportunities open, if you are interested in any of the following, please let me know:
- ILT (Instructional Leadership Team) for Kinder and 4th
- Social Chairman - lots of Committee Members, nobody signed for Chair
- Academic Pentathlon Coach - nobody signed up... do we do this?
- Superintendent's Forum Attendee - 6 meetings a year from 7-7:30
- Talent Show Coordinator
- Computer Lab and Library Times start this week. I have attached the schedule to the email with this bulletin for your reference. Please know that the Library is also home to 82 instruments (including 4 large cellos) for a couple more weeks - Kim has an area for classes but please communicate to your students to not touch any instruments.
- PE should be starting in the next couple of weeks - I will be working this year to ensure the paperwork for our new PE teacher goes through and working with all of you to figure out scheduling.
- MXL starts this week for those who do not meet your requirements in class. We will be working diligently to implement a detailed tracking system so that we can follow-up with students and ensure we limit the repeat-offender issue. My hope is that MXL will be lightly attended and that the students are able to have their recess time to expel some energy.