Wildcat Weekly for Parents
West Edgecombe Middle School | From the Desk of Dr. Ballard
Student Device Collection - Monday!
All students need to bring their Chromebook AND charger to school on Monday, May 9. All devices will be collected to prepare for EOG testing. Please ensure your student comes to school with his/her Chromebook AND charger to avoid fines.
EOG Testing is almost here!
- Monday, May 16 - 8th Grade Science
- Tuesday, May 17 - 6th-8th Grade ELA (Reading)
- Wednesday, May 18 - 6th-8th Grade Math, Math I
All students must be present on campus every day for testing. Failure to take EOGs will result in automatic failure of one's grade.
Teacher Appreciation Week
This week we celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week with the help of several community partners. We are so thankful for all of our teachers and school staff members! Friday, May 6 was also Lunch Hero Day where we thanked our awesome Child Nutrition staff.
Calendar Dates to Remember
- May 16-18 - EOGs (All students are required to come to campus for EOG testing.)
- May 19 - Athletic Award's Program, 6pm
- May 24 - Award's Day - 8th 8:30am, 6th/7th 10:30am
A few reminders:
- The tardy bell rings at 7:55am. Please make sure your student is in the building by 7:55am. Students not in class by 7:55am will receive tardy documentation.
- 11:30am is the halfway point in the school day. If your student checks in after this time or checks out before this time, he/she will be counted absent for the entire day.
- All students must be in uniform daily. See the image below for uniform expectations.