September Parent Connection
Mrs. Jill Friend - SCCS Faith Integration Specialist
Introduction Letter from Jill Friend
Although I am not new to SCCS, this year I have taken on a new role as Faith Integration Specialist at SCCS. I am looking forward to this new opportunity and am eager to partner with parents and local churches throughout this year. I will still be teaching K-2 general music and all the orchestras, but will be working in my new role on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. This position is financially supported by the CRCNA.
In my new role I will be working with Lisa Mouw and the Storyline team to plan the Storyline events throughout the month. I will also be working to develop stronger ties between families and local churches. I am also working in partnership with the Christian Reformed Church Faith Formation ministries to develop resources to for families that can be implemented throughout the denomination.
I am looking forward to where God will lead this year as we continue to live out what it means to "Live Between the Trees."
Storyline for 2019-2020
September Chapel - Creation: Everything Out of Nothing
Everyday Family Faith
God's Word for September
1. Psalm 19 (Spend some time watching the clouds and reflecting on all the good things God has made).
2. Psalm 24 (As a family, draw a big mural of the earth and "everything in it.")
3. Psalm 96:11-12 (Take a walk in the woods and listen to the wind in the trees.)
4. Colossians 1:16-17 (Talk about what it might have been like before creation.)
Faith Talk Questions
2. What was the biggest thing you noticed in God's world today?
3. What was the smallest thing you noticed in God's world today?
4. How did nature help you remember God today?
5. Did you see a part of God's creation today that needs someone to take better care of it?