The Bronco Buzz
January 15, 2016
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- No Name Calling Week! (Sponsored by FFMS No Place for Hate Club)
- Monday, January 18- MLK Jr. Day- System-wide Holiday
- Tuesday, January 19- Positive Locker Notes
- Tuesday, January 20-SPED meeting at 8:15am in PLC Room
- Wednesday, January 20- '50s Dress Up Day
- Thursday, January 21- PLC
- Thursday, January 21- Chorus All-State 2nd Auditions
- Thursday, January 21--Rescheduled Spelling Bee in Media Center @ 9:20am
- Thursday, January 21-FFMSvs. Richards (GOLD)- BHS- 5:00-7:00pm
- Friday, January 22-RBES Implementation Reflections due
- Friday, January 22- '80s Dress Up Day
- Friday, January 22- Chrous All-State 2nd Auditions
- Saturday, January 23- FFMS vs. Snellville (Home)(MAROON) 9:00-11:00am
- Saturday, Janauary 23-Scholar's Bowl State Competition in Milledgeville!
TIP- Remember that the Staff Calendar can be accessed on the FFMS Training Page in eCLASS. Click the button below to access the Staff Calendar now.
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- We survived "the dark" :-) Great communication! LOTS of flexibility! Everyone "rolled" with it and we kept our students safe! Way to go FFMS Staff!
- 8th grade PLCs welcomed some visitors from Hull MS. They were very impressed with the level of collaboration and how we plan for student success!
- The STEAM Speaker Syposium was a hit! Our speakers did a fantastic job articulating how students could follow a similar path and impact others in positive ways.
- Shout-outs to our basketball teams! Congratulations to our Lady Broncos for another win. And, a huge thank you to Zac Cogdill for bringing the AWESOME Pep Band!
- Dr. David Anderson's talk at the Iron Men Mentoring meeting was a tremendously positive experience! Let's remember to "Drive a Red Truck" when making powerful connections with students!
- The Talent Show Tryouts were fantastic! Thank you to Wanda Edwards, Mary Cook, and all of our clerical staff who helped.
COUNT ME IN AWARD... Carolyn Brooks
Hats off to Carolyn Brooks! She is the first person you see or speak with at Five Forks. Her job running the front office is a busy one, but she does it well and always with a smile. Carolyn fields many questions a day, both on the phone and when greeting our many visitors. She is also quick to help when students must be checked in or out each day. Carolyn also has the amazing ability to know where all of our students and staff are located at any time of day. She has many other duties that are too numerous to mention but all are important to keep the front office running smoothly. Carolyn is truly a vital member of our Five Forks family!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Our next technology training will be on Friday, January 29th in the STEAM Lab. We will take a look at Safari Montage- a new resource provided to teachers by the county.
FFMS MEDIA CENTER BLOG
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!