Sonora Middle School
STUDENT WEEKLY REPORT May 18-22, 2020
Can you believe we are in the last week of school for the school year? Below is a checklist of all the things you need to make sure that you have completed by the end of the week. Report cards will be mailed after May 26th.
END OF YEAR AWARD'S ASSEMBLY: We will have our last Award's Assembly on Thursday, May 21. 6th grade will be at 1:00 by Zoom @ https://sdale.zoom.us/j/98776947587 & 7th grade at 2:00 by Zoom @ https://sdale.zoom.us/j/99777444391. Award certificates will be mailed home with Report Cards. May Super Spartan winner's can pick up their Spartan shirts at SMS from 8:00-3:00 before Friday, June 5.
Dixie Stevens won the "cutest pet" photo contest last week! Way to go Dixie!
Want to Play 7th Grade Football Next Year?
1. You must have a current physical to play. It must not expire during the season.
2. You must sign up for Athletics-Football next year.
3. There are no tryouts. Anyone can join.
4. Check the School's Social Media pages and websites for more information over the summer.
Are you interested in Girl's Athletics or Intramural Sports? Fill out the form below.
Intramural Sports is non-competitive sports for Volleyball and Girl's Basketball
Want to be in 7th Grade Choir or Band Next year? Sign up today!
LEARN ABOUT DESTINY DISCOVER
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW IF YOU WANT TO BE IN STUDENT COUNCIL NEXT YEAR
SMS Counselors want to hear from you
Mrs. Cochran's class code: m7calay
Mrs. Zega's class code: kosi6im
*You must be logged into your sdale account to access the google classroom.
If you are having a problem and want to talk to us about it, please submit a counselor referral on our school website or use the following link:
Please take care of yourselves and let us know if you need our help!
Mrs. Cochran and Mrs. Zega
SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
AMI 41-45 NOW AVAILABLE
If you live closer to George Elementary School, there will be newspaper bins with K-9 AMI packets located there to pick up your child's 6th or 7th grade AMI packet.
AMI LESSON PLANS 41-45 THIS WEEK!
Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI) days 1-45 ARE DUE ON FRIDAY, MAY 22. REPORT CARDS WILL BE SENT OUT ON MAY 26, 2020.
March 16- April 3 (Days 1-10): Click here
April 6 - 17 (Days 11-20): Click here
April 20 - May 1 (Days 21-30): Click here
May 4-22 (Days 31-45)
You can return AMI Days 1-45 Assignments NOW
Avoid the Summer Slide by Mrs. Moats
Audible for Students for FREE AUDIO BOOKS
Audible.com is offering free listening for kids while school is out. Should be able to copy and paste the link to share with kids.
If you are looking for extra assignments to keep you connected, check this out
SMALL FOOD PANTRIES AVAILABLE IN THE COMMUNITY FOR YOU!
SONORA MIDDLE SCHOOL-SMS
MONTECITO SPRINGS PLAYGROUND-SMS
CHAPEL RIDGE, BEHIND THE OFFICE-MONITOR/CROSS CHURCH SMALL GROUP
RANDAL WOBBE OUTSIDE THE OFFICE-MONITOR/CROSS CHURCH SMALL GROUP
GUIDE TO EMERGENCY BENEFITS FOR FAMILIES
FREE OR REDUCED RATES FOR INTERNET FOR STUDENT'S FAMILIES
FREE PHONE SERVICE
Cellular Phone Resource
Free cell phone service to qualifying families.
Ready Made Meals for Families at 206 W. Johnson Avenue
List of Resources & Food Pantries & Hot Meals in Springdale
Samaritan Community Center Drive-Thru Food Service Schedule
· Springdale Samaritan Community Center 1300 North Thompson Avenue (479-872-1115)
· Mondays: prepared lunch; Tuesdays: groceries, prepared lunch, and SnackPacks for kids
· Thursdays: groceries, prepared lunch, and Snackpacks for kids; Hours: 10:30am-12:30pm
· Rogers Samaritan Community Center 1211 West Hudson Road (479-636-4198)
· Tuesdays: groceries, prepared lunch, and Snackpacks for kids; Wednesdays: groceries, prepared lunch, and Snackpacks for kids
· Thursdays: groceries, prepared lunch, and Snackpacks for kids; Saturdays: prepared lunch; Hours: 10:30am-12:30pm
St. Thomas Episcopal Church 2898 S. 48TH St. (479-751-9184)
· Tuesday 11:00am-12:30 pm (hot meals)
Compassion NWA 2407 S. Thompson (479-717-5630)
· Monday and Thursday 9:30 am- 11:30 am; Tuesday and Wednesday 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
St. Raphael Catholic Church 1386 S. West End (479-756-6711)
· Tuesday and Thursday 6:45 pm- 7:45 pm; Last Saturday 10:00 am-11:00 am
First United Methodist 206 W. Johnson (479-361-2612)
· Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am- 11:30 am
First Spanish Church 206 N. Westwood Lane (479-387-4473)
· Wednesday 7:00-8:00 pm
Springdale Christian Church 714 W Huntsville Ave (479-756-5687)
· Monday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Bread of Life 208 W Emma Ave, Springdale, AR 72764 (479) 750-5229
· Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am-11:00 am
Promise Land 700 Sanders Ave (479-717-2220)
· Monday - Friday from 12:00 - 1:00 on a pick only
St. Joseph Tonititown 154 Henri de Tonti Blvd (479-361-2612)
· Monday 6:00 pm-7:00 pm; Wednesday 8:30 am-9:30 am
Salvation Army of NorthWest Arkansas (Pick up food in your car)
· Fayetteville Location 219 W 15th St.
· Rogers Location 504 N. Dixieland Rd.
· Springdale Location 315 Holcomb St.
Restaurants In Our Amazing Community
· Gusanos (All NWA Locations) - Free 8” cheese or pepperoni kids pizza for anyone 12 and under
· Grubs Bar and Grill Downtown - Free kids meal with no purchase necessary for anyone 12 and under
· JJ’s Grill (Fayetteville) - Free kids meal with no purchase necessary for anyone 12 and under
· Marco’s Pizza (Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville) - Go to the register and let them know you heard about this post
· Jersey Mike’s (Bentonville, Rogers)- Got to the register and let them know you heard about this post
· Taco’s 4 Life (Rogers)- Free kids meal with no purchase necessary for anyone 12 and under
· Big Sexy Food (Rogers, Springdale)- Go to the register and let them know you heard about this post
· Sammich Love (Springdale)- Go to the register and let them know you heard about this post
· Wright’s Barbecue (Johnson)- Free kids meal with no purchase necessary for anyone 12 and under
· Wagon Wheel Café- 4080 N Thompson St, Springdale, AR 72764
· DQ- 1471 W Sunset Ave, Springdale, AR 72764
· Tesoro Beach- 701 S Thompson St B, Springdale, AR 72764
· Sam’s Club- 1517 Gene George Blvd, Springdale, AR 72762
· Beaver Lake Bistro- 14528 E Hwy 12, Rogers, AR 72756
· CJ’s Butcher Boys Burgers- 3484 West Wedington Drive Suite 1 Suite 1, Fayetteville, AR 72704
· Bariola’s Pizza- 1728 S 46th St, Rogers, AR 72758
· Clean Cookin- 7320 Rogers Ave #29, Fort Smith, AR 72903
· Burger King All locations- 2 free kids meals with any other purchase via the Burger King app. Once-daily through Apr. 6; Free delivery on app orders greater than $10.
· United Way NWA Call 211 or 866-489-6983 or 1-866-211-9966
· HARK NWA https://www.harknwa.com/getconnected
EACH WINNER READ 8-20 BOOKS IN APRIL!
Eric Pinon Hernandez
Dulce Maria Garcia
SMS Spartan's Birthdays for the rest of May
5/18 Sonia Hax
5/18 Rolando Lopez
5/20 Kerry Anej
5/21 Taysia Wright
5/21 Kyler Davis
5/22 Jordy Garcia
5/22 Jefrey Karl Bautista Garcia
5/22 Andrea Calzado Aguilar
5/23 Kibin, Andrea
5/23 Julian Gonzalez
5/23 Lyton Walker
5/24 Ethan Berlanga
5/25 Jeff Polanco
5/26 Joram, Mieo
5/27 Daniella Torres
5/28 Isaiah Burke
5/29 Crystal Reyes
5/29 Glory Bithen
5/30 Leonardo Ramirez
5/31 Daniel Barranco
Download the Springdale APP to connect & get notifications
Please take a moment to fill out the Springdale Parent & Family Engagement Survey
Create an account to manage your child's lunch account or fill out for FREE/REDUCED LUNCH.
Nominate Your Teacher Today
KNWA’s Golden Apple Award Contest, sponsored by Post Consumer Brands, is back for its 3rd year. This contest highlights the efforts of our NWA teachers/ coaches/ classroom instructors that go above and beyond the normal duties of teaching within a classroom and how they “Make Better Happen” for their students. If you know someone like this, we would love to hear about them.
Once a month, one teacher/coach from NWA school districts (traditional and non-traditional settings) will be chosen for an amazing prize package (Golden Apple Award, $150 Walmart Gift Card, and $50 restaurant gift card). The winner will also have a surprise classroom visit from our very own Tavares Jones, a Post Consumer Brand rep, and a camera crew. On the last Wednesday of the month the story will air. (Visits will be organized and confirmed through winning schools principal’s office).
Below you will find the link to our Golden Apple online submission page. Please share this with all of your teachers in your district. This contest will run through the entire school year and our first teacher will be chosen in September. Thank you for your assistance with this wonderful opportunity.