No more grief, and save the reef!
The Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef is the only living thing on Earth that is visible from space. It is mainly a coral garden and also consists of the world’s largest collection of corals (more than 400 different kinds of coral), coral sponges, mollusks, rays, dolphins, over 1500 species of tropical fish, more than 200 types of birds, around 20 types of reptiles including sea turtles and giant clams over 120 years old.
Human activity effects:
- Effects the surrounding biodiversity
- its creating warmer temperatures in the waters
- aggressive fishing-cause major disruptions to the food web
Human benefits of keeping reef healthy and intact:
- Helps with habitat
- Helps with income
- Helps with food
- Helps with protection
- And helps with medicine
Tourist resort could threaten Great Barrier Reef :
- it could cause extinction in sea animals
- Could cause the whole food web to be messed up
- It can cause the temperatures to be warmer which causes the coral to make tons of bleaching which can cause coral reefs to die and same with animals.
- It is bad for the ecosystem and could cause harm