Steroids is the short name for anabolic steroids.
A synthetic steroid hormone that resembles testosterone in promoting the growth of a muscle. Some hormones are used medicinally to treat some forms of weight loss (illegally) by some athletes and others to enhance physical performance.
- Steroids can be prescribed by doctors if someone has delayed puberty, cancer, or AIDS and should never be self-prescribed.
- Steroid abusers will normally take 10-100 times more than what would be prescribed by a doctor/health official.
- Girls use steroid to change their body shape and guys use steroids to gain muscle.
- Steroid use has increased from 2% in 2010 to 2.1% in 2013.
- New steroid use has decreased by 50% among student athletes.