Boomers Baseball Info 2016
Boomers Baseball Game - May 21, 2016
To : Boomers Band participants
From: Mr. Bachmann
Date: May 18, 2016
I am so excited that you have chosen to represent Emerson at the Schaumburg Boomers game on Saturday, May 21. The game starts at 6pm and we will need to arrive NO LATER than 5:15 in order to set-up and tune. Please check-in at the Fan Information Booth.
We will rehearse on the following days:
Wed., May 18 and Fri., May 20 at 7:20a.m.
Meet in the band room and be prepared to go outside (weather permitting)
Please remember to practice MEMORIZING your part and to wear your Emerson band t-shirt and jeans for the performance.
Our “seats” are on the 3rd base side lawn area, so feel free to bring picnic items, blankets, chairs, etc….the team asks that NO GLASS bottles be brought into the park.
There will not be bus transportation to this event, so please make sure you have a ride to the game.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I hope we avoid the rain this year!
Thanks for playing and representing Emerson!
You can visit the Boomers website here:
You are welcome to check out my website (link below). Thanks for an awesome year! Give it everything you've got and DO YOUR PART! EMERSON BANDS ROCK!
District 64 Music is tops!
Emerson Symphonic Band, Concert Orchestra and combined choirs from Lincoln and Emerson with 3 superior ratings!
What a day!
Emerson band and orchestra students celebrating the rating!
Mr. Bachmann and Ms. Charous
GO EMERSON! What a great end to a magnificent year!
2016-17 Audition Info
Emerson Middle School
BAND AUDITIONS 2016-17
Three bands are offered at Emerson: Cadet Band, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band. The three groups are ability based and will rehearse before school (7:10-8:00am) one or two days per week . All students will play a short audition sometime during the week of May 23-26, 2016 at their school to determine band placement.
Please be prepared to play ONE of the following levels:
Level 1 - Essential Elements Book 1
Everyone Must Play…
- p. 40-41, All four major scales (ALL #1’s and #3’s)
- p. 33, #174 “Half-Steppin’”
- p. 42-43 Rhythms measures #41-56
- p. 22 #117 “Essential Elements Quiz - Auld Lang Syne”
(percussionists play on mallets)
- p. 35, #179 “American Patrol”
(percussionists play on snare drum)
- Percussionists also need to learn the attached timpani etude (see Mr. Bachmann) and know the following rudiments: long roll, 5 and 9 stroke rolls, flam, flam accent, flam tap, flamacue, paradiddle.
If you can play everything in Level 1, please prepare Level 2. If you are ready for Level 2 and do not have “Essential Elements Book 2,” you need to purchase it as soon as possible from Quinlan and Fabish (630) 654-4111 or (847) 253-5592.
Level 2 - Essential Elements Book 2
Everyone Must Play…
- p. 34-36 #159/160, #163/164, #167/168, #171/172, #175/176
(Major scales, play 2 octaves when possible)
- Chromatic scale, p. 37, #185 or #186 (student chooses)
- p. 43, Rhythms - measures #21-28
Each instrument must also prepare the following exercise at quarter note = 90
Flute - p. 38, #191 / Oboe - p. 39, #193 / Clarinet - p. 39, #197
Bass Clarinet - p. 38, #190 / ALL Saxophone - p. 39, #193 / Trumpet - p. 39, #195
Horn - p. 39, #192 / Trombone - p. 39, #200 /Baritone - p. 39, #196
Tuba - p. 39, #193
Percussion - See Mr. Bachmann for etudes for Snare, Mallets, and Timpani. Percussionists also need to know the following rudiments: ALL rolls and ALL level 1 rudiments PLUS drag, single, double and triple ratamacue.
If you are ready for Level 3 and do not have “Tradition of Excellence Book 3” and “Tradition of Excellence: Technique and Musicianship” you need to purchase them as soon as possible from Quinlan and Fabish (630) 654-4111 or (847) 253-5592.
Level 3 – Tradition of Excellence Book 3/Technique and Musicianship
Everyone Must Play…
- p. 37-42 (Book 3) Major Scales: F, C, G, Gb, Db, Ab, Eb (All woodwind players MUST play 2 or 3 octaves when possible)
- Minor scales: f, c, g, and d (also in Book 3 - all woodwind players MUST play 2 or 3 octaves when possible)
- Chromatic Scale: Full range or as much as you can play.
- p. 43-46, Book 3, Rhythms: #11-15, 33-36, 49-54, 77-80.
Each instrument must also prepare the ILMEA (honor band) etude (see Mr. Bachmann) at the best (steadiest) tempo possible….use a metronome to practice!
- Percussionists also need to know the following rudiments: ALL Level 2 rudiments PLUS lesson #25, drag paradiddle, flam paradiddle.
You may wish to consider taking private lessons to improve your musical skills during the summer months. A list of recommended private teachers can be shared with you by request.
Good luck on the audition! Remember to relax and play your best stuff ---------
Level 1, 2, or 3.
Thanks for an awesome year and we look forward to working with you in the fall! Best wishes for a safe and relaxing summer!
Mr. Dale and Mr. Bachmann
PRACTICE ONLY ON THE DAYS YOU EAT!
ONE DAY YOUR SIGNATURE WILL BE CALLED AN AUTOGRAPH!