for the week of March 21st
Important Events for the Week of March 21st
21 Mar 2016--HMS Baseball vs Pleasant Grove @ Bud Newell
21 Mar 2016--HMS Softball game vs Chelsea @ Natalie Bunn
22 Mar 2016--5th Grade Tour of HMS
22 Mar 2016--NO FACULTY MEETINGS today - See 24 Mar 2016
22 Mar 2016--Timecard Approval by 3 PM
22 Mar 2016--HMS Golf Match vs McAdory @ Woodward Gold Course
23-24 Mar 2016--Youth Serve Presentations in 7th Grade Social Studies
- 23 Mar 2016--Boshell's Class
- 24 Mar 2016--Richardson's Class
23 Mar 2016--HMS Girls Tennis vs McAdory @ Bud Newell
24 Mar 2016--FACULTY MEETINGS IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM-Mandatory for all teachers
24 Mar 2016--HMS Golf vs Rudd @ Cumberland Golf Course
24 Mar 2016--HMS Softball vs Rudd @ Natalie Bunn
25 Mar 2016--8th Grade Tour of HHS
25 Mar 2016--HMS Baseball @ McAdory
25 Mar 2016--Grades posted by 3 PM
25 Mar 2016--Timecards for this week approved before you leave
Mar 28-Apr 1--Spring Break--School Closed (Look for April 4th Panther Press Monday or Tuesday of this week)
Reminders from the Principal
- Faculty meetings will be Thursday of next week. We will be going over the ACT Aspire schedule for the week after Spring Break.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Professional behavior when interacting with students, parents and each other is the expected norm not the exception. It is best to think before you react.
- Wall containers for Units of Study have been posted in every classroom. All teachers are required to post their Unit(s) of Study for review. Notes that we leave when we visit your classroom will be included in your evidence file for all teachers (whether on the evaluation cycle or not). Make sure you read these notes as we will be looking for adjustments to your instruction.
- We began the new advisory schedule the week of January 18th. For the week of March 21st, teachers should pull students for RTI.
- Remember that you as the classroom teacher have the final say as to what counts as a classroom assessment. Vocabulary quizzes do not have to be entered in the assessment category. It is your choice as the classroom teacher. Additionally, we should begin making more use of CompassLearning as our RTI tool. Remediation activities and assessments can be assigned through CompassLearning and students given a deadline as to when they need to have the work completed. The students would still have access to you as the teacher for questions. This is something all core teachers need to start using as the semester goes forward. By using more CompassLearning, we can start transitioning from using so much of our planning periods for RTI.
- All assignments for Grade Recovery students should have been entered into CompassLearning by Friday, Feb 26. Remind your students who are on Grade Recovery that they must have all assignments completed by March 17th. Friday the 18th, teachers may begin verifying students have completed all assignments and have earned the 60% minimum required for Grade Recovery.
- Make sure you are updating your PLPs with evidence as you go. We do not want to get behind and wait until the last minute.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:25 or 7:30 AM. When on duty, you should be supervising students, not on your phone or grading papers.