North Star News - Family Edition
Message from Dr. Llewellyn & Mrs. Watkins
It is so hard to believe that October is here! I, for one, am looking forward to some cooler weather. September blew by in a blur and we are now really rolling into the school year.
Our character trait for September was RESPECT. Students were recognized for being respectful by their teachers and joined Mrs. Watkins, Ms. Napier, and myself for a pancake breakfast. I am attaching the video below.
October brings us to picture day, Interims, and our annual Character Parade!
North Stars Always Shine Brightly!
Dr. Llewellyn, Principal
Mrs. Watkins, Assistant Principal
Breakfast and 🌭 Lunch Menu for October
Character Trait for the Month of October ---RESPONSIBILITY
Red Ribbon Week
- Monday, October 24 - RED-y to live drug-free! Wear RED today.
- Tuesday, October 25 - Be a hero: Have the Power to say NO to drugs - dress as a superhero today
- Wednesday, October 26 - Drugs are WACKY - wear a crazy hat, hair, or fun socks today!
- Thursday, October 27 - Team Up Against Drugs - wear your favorite team gear!
- Friday, October 28 -Drugs never Lead to a Happy Ending - Dress as your favorite Book Character - students will get to join in the Character Parade at the end of the day. Do not wear costume masks, no inappropriate clothing, or anything that will hinder movement.
Math Resources from Mrs. DiNoia
Math is everywhere and everyone has a math story. Exploring math is more than memorizing flashcards or answering addition problems. One of the best ways to help your student is to avoid saying “I am not a math person” and discover math together in fun ways. Begin your family’s math story by clicking HERE.
We’re excited to be able to allow parents back into our school this year! We are looking for volunteer room parents who are willing to help in each class. You will work directly with the teacher to help plan activities for your child’s class and help serve as a communication link for the other parents in your class. If you’re interested in serving as a room parent, please email us at Northpto@colonialhts.net to sign up.
To become a member of our North PTO you can complete this FORM. Once you complete the form, please send your dues to school with your child in an envelope marked PTO. Starting in October PTO meetings will be held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. More information will follow in the coming weeks.
🙋🏽 Important Reminders
- We will invite parents/guardians to have lunch with their child starting in October.
- A special table will be set on the stage for the parent/guardian and their child during their lunchtime.
- The lunch menu for October can be found HERE.
- The breakfast menu for October is HERE.
Parent Portal, Bus Routes, Chromebooks, etc. Click HERE
Please review bus behavior expectations with your child. It is important for students to stay seated and quiet on the bus so as not to distract the driver and for everyone to get home safely. If you have questions about bus expectations, please let Mrs. Watkins or Dr. Llewellyn know.
- Students may enter the building as early as 8:10 a.m. each morning
- The tardy bell rings at 8:25 a.m.
- Students are dismissed at 3:05 p.m.
If you are picking your child up early - please do so BEFORE 2:30 p.m. After 2:30 p.m. your child will need to wait for normal dismissal times and procedures.