January 19, 2016
Special Ed. Department Meeting Notes
Cyber Day - It is highly likely that if we have a 4th Snow day this year, it will be a Cyber Day.
Upcoming Gateway Retests
Social Studies - 1/27/16
Be on the look out for the schedule this week !!
For planning purposes: Interims will be March 15th - March 18th
Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance !! NEW CALENDAR IN MY OFFICE TO SCHEDULE PARA COVERAGE - YOU MUST COME SIGN UP. I CAN'T KEEP UP ANYMORE!!
1. If you are going to be out, it is best practice to request a sub. If Laurie says she has to put it on Aesop, then so be it.
2. If you need coverage in an emergency (your child is sick, you just threw up), come see me/email me and, of course I will try to make it work.
3. Try to schedule your re-evals. during your planning period or during a co-taught class FIRST - if it isn't possible, come sign up for coverage on the new calendar in my office.
4. Don't email individual paras anymore - THEY ALL MEAN WELL and want to help but they are assigned to classes (some are assigned to kids and the service hrs. are in IEPs). Karen Recknor is in the workroom 1st period & 6th period because she helps me make sure we have coverage for everyone. She and I will pull whoever we can to cover your need - you cannot be picky anymore!!!
At the beginning of the semester...the plan had been to have Doris be the floater for all of our dept. needs and a google doc sign up on the shared drive that she could check. Haven't had time to get that set up yet so now we have calendars in my office for now.... She is now assigned 4B (Maddie restroom), 5th to a student, 6th she has lunch, and 7th she will be w/ Ollinger (Largest Resource class). We will fill in with some other IRR paras if need be and then pull others.
5. There is often times more going on than you realize. Keep this in mind & Plan.
ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT - PLEASE BE HERE
IF YOU FLOAT INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S CLASSROOM....
BY NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE......
1.Scanned and attached any remaining first semester IEPs/re-evals .
2. Reviewed ALL second semester schedules to be sure that the student is in the correct classes. (ALL CLASSES WERE BALANCED ON FRIDAY NIGHT).
3. Made sure students are not repeating a class they have already passed.
4. Sent out goals/objectives and accommodation plans for any students who have different/new teachers this semester. Kept documentation that this was done.
4. Checked co- taught rolls to be sure that the students are on the correct rolls.
5. Scheduled all remaining IEPs and re-evals. BEST PRACTICE is to be done by April 1.
6. Working on getting data for 1st semester IEPS entered in STORI.
7. Updated progress in IEP online (18 weeks). If you did not send home IEP Progress reports prior to the Winter Break, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW.
8. Updated your sub plans and emergency lesson plans if needed.
ALIGNMENT REPORTS ARE DUE 1/29/16....CLASSES ARE BALANCED...SCHEDULES ARE SET.
MAXWELL & GRAYSON TECH APPLICATIONS OPEN ONLINE ON FEB. 2ND...IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE ON YOUR CASELOAD WHO WANTS TO GO....
NEXT DEPT. MTG. WILL BE FEB. 9TH - 2:25pm - C36 to talk about REGISTRATION. (This is a called mtg. & was not on the schedule but we don't have another Dept. mtg. scheduled until the 15th. If I can cancel that one, I will).
We will meet the following afternoon to go over SPECIAL ED. SPECIFICS and QUESTIONS.