Sunday, November 29, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
A reminder that if your child is not feeling well, please keep him/her home from school and contact our school office so we can establish some next steps. Our office opens each morning at 7:30am - we can be reached at 916 434-5292; you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an absence through our app (linked at the bottom of the newsletter) if that's easier.
We have three short weeks until our Winter Break, but there is a lot to accomplish in our classrooms in that short time. A few reminders about things that are happening or things to be sure are on your radar:
- We hare hosting our annual Toys for Tots collection between 11/30-12/14. See the flier below for more details
- If you are looking to change your child's learning placement effective in January, please see the note below about how to do that - all requests for changes of learning environment are due by Friday, December 4th.
- Students in grades 1-5 will take the second iReady Diagnostic this month. If your child is taking it at home, it is ESSENTIAL that you do not provide any support on it - the system only works properly if the child takes the assessment 100% on his/her own. Please connect with your child's teacher if you have any questions about the iReady Diagnostic. Many children tend to do better (read - have a better attitude about it!) taking the assessment in 15-20 minute chunks. Students do NOT have to power through it in one sitting.
- Each year, Miss Giannini and Mrs. Swanson put together a beautiful yearbook. In order to guarantee you get a yearbook and to secure the best price, please order your yearbook by the end of December - click here for the order form.
- The holidays are coming up, and as a reminder, the district's current policy is that we are not to share treats or goody bags from staff or families with our students. Our teachers are a creative bunch and they'll find fun ways to help our students enjoy the season even without food and treats! Please do not send holiday goody bags for your child's classmates, we'll have to send them back home with a sad heart.
Program Change Survey - due by 12/4/20
It is time to elect the program that you would like your student placed in when we return from Winter Break on January 5, 2021. You have two options: InterCONNECT (distance) or in-person learning at school.
If you want your student to stay in the same program he/she is currently in, you do not need to do anything! For those that want to change (go from distance to in-person or vice versa), please fill out the form in English HERE or Spanish HERE by December 4, 2020. Please do not fill out the form if you want your student in the same program they are now. Please contact our school office with any questions (916 434-5292).
DID YOU KNOW?
A portion of every school's funding is determined by the need of its students. Extra funding is usually distributed to schools based on free/reduced meal applications. This year, all students are eligible for free meals due to COVID-19, so extra funding will be distributed differently. Please complete this Household Income Form to help us maximize our funding.
WHY FILL OUT THE FORM?
- additional support staff for schools, like Instructional Aides, Intervention Support Providers, and afterschool tutors
- more resources for classrooms and teachers
- additional health and wellness services
- high school aged students - fee waivers for college applications
- high school aged students - fee waivers for college admissions exams (i.e. SAT/ACT/AP)
It’s a quick process and only needs to be completed once for each household. By taking the time to fill out this form, you are taking part in a process that might provide thousands of dollars in funds to the school your student attends. You do NOT need to complete this form if you already submitted a free and reduced meal application prior to October 31, 2020.
You can also request a paper copy of the form from your school office (916 434-5292).
Click on the form below to complete:
Thank you so much for your time and support!
If you are looking for ways to relax before school, during a break, or after school, check out our virtual calming corner and other mindfulness resources plus helpful tips for parents to support their child's anxiety - click here!
You can check out all of our Colt Neighborhood videos on You Tube here.
Non-School Days & District Calendar Links
NON-SCHOOL DAYS or SPECIAL DAYS
- Mon., 12/21-Mon., 1/4: Winter Break / no school
- Mon., 1/18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / no school
- Fri., 2/12-Mon., 2/15: Mini February Break / no school
- Fri., 3/26: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 3/29-Fri., 4/2: Spring Break / no school
- Mon., 4/5: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 5/31: Memorial Day / no school
- Fri., 6/11: Last Day of School
*Fri., 3/26 and Mon., 4/5 are Public Safety (PS) Days - PS days are non student and non teacher work days unless they are needed as make-up days for prior Public Safety closures (smoke, power outages, etc...)
Stay in Touch!
- Check our our website and our community calendar of activities; access PeachJar (our flier hub) directly here!
- Stay informed via ParentSquare here
- Download our free app and get notifications on your phone
- Follow us on Social Media (links above), including Instagram at @lcescolts
- Check us out on YouTube at http://youtube.com/c/JenniferHladunLCES