Autism Treatments, helping autism
By Abby Shefcheck and Sarah Myers 4/21/15 P.2&4
- benfits come from educational classes
- special schools for the disabled
- with help, kids can go to school
- heavy doses of vitamin B
- medicines might not effect all children in the same way
- different medicines help with different symptoms
- doctors can provide medicines for anxiety, depression,behavioral problems, and seizures
- speech therapy
- social skills therapy
- occupational therapy
- educational interventions
- behavioral interventions
- dietary approaches
- auditory training
- discrete trial training
- vitamin therapy
- antiyeast therapy
- facilitated communication
- music therapy
- physical therapy
- sensory integration
"Autism Fact Sheet." : National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Sept. 2009. Web. 10 Apr. 2015.
"Autism Spectrum Disorder." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 25 Mar. 2015. Web. 10 Apr. 2015.
"Autism." Teen's Health. Ed. Raphael Bernier. The Nemours Foundation, 01 Jan. 2014. Web. 10 Apr. 2015.
"What Is Autism?" Autism Speaks. Autism Speaks Inc, 2015. Web. 10 Apr. 2015.